Poll: If Fins finish 8-8, What should be done about the coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: If Fins finish 8-8, What should be done about the coach?

What should happen to Sparano if fins fail to make the playoffs or go 8-8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zicofirol

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just curious on people's take on Sparano. I myself lost faith after yet another mismanaged game where bad decisions especially in crunch time cost the fins the game.

Why wasnt this thread up a week ago when we played the Packers?
You certainly could have gotten the public faith on our coach then.

Why wait until after a game in which we score a good deal of points against the hottest team in the NFL and lost because of an admitted ref error to create this poll? Why ask this question after we lose a game under the most questionable means possible? Even the NFL is admitting that they screwed the pooch on the call, if not the replay.
Upon further review, the
officiating crew in Sunday's Miami Dolphins-Pittsburgh Steelers contest made only one mistake on the game's pivotal play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...versial-loss-to-steelers-?module=HP_headlines

They screwed up the call on the field and could not get around that(even though they had no motivation to do so). They can continue to try and overshadow it, but the fact remains they called the play dead waaaay to prematurely.

Either way, we played one of the best teams in football and "beat them". So why pull up this thread when we get robbed?

Why wasnt this thread up a week ago when we played the Packers?
You certainly could have gotten the public faith on our coach then.

Why wait until after a game in which we score a good deal of points against the hottest team in the NFL and lost because of an admitted ref error to create this poll? Why ask this question after we lose a game under the most questionable means possible? Even the NFL is admitting that they screwed the pooch on the call, if not the replay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...versial-loss-to-steelers-?module=HP_headlines

They screwed up the call on the field and could not get around that(even though they had no motivation to do so). They can continue to try and overshadow it, but the fact remains they called the play dead waaaay to prematurely.

Either way, we played one of the best teams in football and "beat them". So why pull up this thread when we get robbed?

I think I posted somewhere that last week's game was a win that should of been more comfortable since the packers were missing 8 starters. Also I said before the game it would be close regardless of who played because the fins cant close out teams even bad ones or ones with half their starters out.

Answer this honesly:
Fings get the ball back, do you really think they would of not run 3 str8 times for 3 yards and then punted it back giving the steelers another chance? We will never know, what we do know is terrible play calling led to the fins not scroing from the pitt 20 and 11, and later from the 4!

IMO, 8 - 8 is not bad considering the schedule played and having to work with a senial OC who still thinks he is coaching in the 80's.

He needs to go !!!!!!! It's like watching a stone mason, trying to be a finish carpenter. What the hell does anybody see on game day that makes you think this guy is head coaching material. Is it our great clock management? Our wonderful 2 min offense? Our fansastic use of timeouts? Or maybe it's his mangnificent fist pump and celebration after a field goal. Sparano is the Jay Fielder of coaching.

Fire him. He's a good assistant coach, not a good head coach. He plays not to lose - you don't win super bowls that way. And it would be a shame to waste the talent on the team on a coach who won't leave it all on the field. You trust your players or you don't.

He needs to go !!!!!!! It's like watching a stone mason, trying to be a finish carpenter. What the hell does anybody see on game day that makes you think this guy is head coaching material. Is it our great clock management? Our wonderful 2 min offense? Our fansastic use of timeouts? Or maybe it's his mangnificent fist pump and celebration after a field goal. Sparano is the Jay Fielder of coaching.

With Tony's faults comes strengths. The guy is a great motivator and his players get up to play for him each and every week. And honestly, when you don't call the plays on offense or defense, what more is there to do besides clock management, challenge decisions, and getting your team reved up.

I'm personally sick of the coaching carroussel and am ready to give him 1 more year beyond this. If things go ever further south in 2011, we move on. Remember, we are not far removed from the worst string of coaches (probably exaggerated) in NFL history (Wanstedt, Bates, Saban, Cameron)

IMO, 8 - 8 is not bad considering the schedule played and having to work with a senial OC who still thinks he is coaching in the 80's.

first of all the girl in ur sig is so ****in hot.

anyways, ya under those circumstances i guess 8-8 wouldnt be bad, but overall 8-8 ****in sucks. if we go anything worse than 10-6 imo, we need a new coaching staff.

i want a coaching staff that is mean and gutsy and wont put up with **** like this. i mean this is a joke. 2nd and goal at the 2 yd line vs the jets and our ****in staff throws 2 passes, but when we got 1st and 10 at the 15 yd line this week and in general, we run the ball 3 times.

this staff is just way to conservative and makes no sense to me. we need a change if we dont turn things around, and by around , i mean postseason or bust. i want to see this team be a mean mother****in team for once.

I had to pick fire him and Ireland because there was no option to just fire Ireland. Tony is ok, but if losing him meant we would be rid of Ireland I would be a happy man.

Sparano is not a bad coach. He's not Belichick....... but nobody else is either.

Before the season..... i looked at the schedule and said..... 9-7.

8-8 isn't so far off that i would fire him.

Without being a Homer....it was really unrealistic to look at that schedule and say something like

12-4.

With Tony's faults comes strengths. The guy is a great motivator and his players get up to play for him each and every week. And honestly, when you don't call the plays on offense or defense, what more is there to do besides clock management, challenge decisions, and getting your team reved up.

I'm personally sick of the coaching carroussel and am ready to give him 1 more year beyond this. If things go ever further south in 2011, we move on. Remember, we are not far removed from the worst string of coaches (probably exaggerated) in NFL history (Wanstedt, Bates, Saban, Cameron)
I dont remember a beating as bad as they got against the patrios... thats getting up and playing for your coach? The big errors btw where blocking errors, from the guy who is suppose to be the blocking guru!

Only way I am ok with keeping him is if Henning is fired and also if the special teams is fixed! Otherwise I want my man Jon "Chucky" Gruden here with his old running mate Mike Nolan!!

Back
Top Bottom