Poll: The Greatest Coach in NFL History Not Named Shula | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: The Greatest Coach in NFL History Not Named Shula

I still really don't know how much other stuff he did that never got caught. It's hard for me to separate his winning from all the money and draft picks he was fined.

He still has 4 rings. The stupid NFL never took them away. I would love to have a coach that will do anything to win. Who cares if you lose a pick but get a super bowl.

He still has 4 rings. The stupid NFL never took them away. I would love to have a coach that will do anything to win. Who cares if you lose a pick but get a super bowl.

Agreed, but when he runs his team that way, he opens it up to the debate we are having.

Bill Walsh: more than enough hardware, revolutionized offenses and produced a prodigious coaching tree.

(and seemingly accomplished this without cheating or gaming the system and its loopholes)

I was with Belichik way before any of this happened. I like Walsh a lot, but it seems to me guys like him and John Madden quit before they had to face some real adversity, as far as coaching goes. Now, Vince Lombardi is a guy before my time, but he might well deserve the vote. I can't honestly give it to him just from hearsay and ancient documentaries, however.

Shula never pulled a Spygate to win, or any other form of cheating.

Enough said.

Bilicheat and Brady legacy will always be tarnished no matter how much Kraft and Godell jerk each other off.

Caught cheating multiple times to the point they needed to destroy evidence to maintain the 'integrity' of the game.

Joe Gibbs gets no love? (Minus his last stint in the NFL).

As much as it pains me to say it I gotta go with Mr. Hoodie. Dudes already taken his team to 6 superbowls and it doesn't appear that he will be done anytime soon. They make the playoffs almost every single year. Sorry Guys. Hoodie over Shula all day every day.

Lombardi will always be up there along with Walsh. Chuck Noll of course but he did it with a bunch of hall of famers. I was never a big fan of Landry.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom