Poll: Two minute offence | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Two minute offence

How much success would we have if Sage ran the 2 minute offence all game?

• Great success, similar to the Colts

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Decent success

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • About the same as our current offence

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Limited/no success

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolphan98

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
You guys saw how success we were with the two minute offence this week against Buffalo. We seem to have the personnel to support that kind of offence. How do you think we would fare if this type of offence was employed full time, similar to what the Colts are doing.

cool, i'm the first one to vote...... :)

and reply...

Mods, I accidentally created multiple threads so if you could delete the other ones, I would appreciate it.

decent success, you cant base it all on that one performance

i think it would have decent success for awile, about half a year to a year, and then it would get better, that kinda of stuff you have to build up to make it great, like the colts did

Buffalo was playing a prevent defense for most of the 4th, that was their principal mistake (has the prevent ever worked?). You'll never see a team do that to start a game off.
Throwing on every down isn't going to work for an entire game, just ask Mike Martz. Plus it really takes us away from the strength of this team, which is Ricky and Ronnie. So no, I think running the 2 minute drill all game long is a mistake

I had difficulty deciding since we have seen very little of Sage. He doesn't have the game managing skills that Peyton Manning has but running a no huddle, aggressive offence would keep the defence on their heals. It might also cause us to turn over the ball way too much.

I don't think yesterday is a good indicator. The circumstances of the game dictated what we did, and Buffalo kinda panicked/choked. I don't know if our offense is really geared to do that all the time at the present.

Pocoloco said:
Buffalo was playing a prevent defense for most of the 4th, that was their principal mistake (has the prevent ever worked?). You'll never see a team do that to start a game off.
Throwing on every down isn't going to work for an entire game, just ask Mike Martz. Plus it really takes us away from the strength of this team, which is Ricky and Ronnie. So no, I think running the 2 minute drill all game long is a mistake

The colts manage to run James a whole lot and they run a version of the two minute offence. With 2 very good running backs, we might be able to wear down a defence.

Pocoloco said:

I agree, but was also thinking maybe it is something we could throw in from time to time, and particularly at home later in the game when the other team is affected by the heat.

dolphan98 said:
The colts manage to run James a whole lot and they run a version of the two minute offence. With 2 very good running backs, we might be able to wear down a defence.

Peyton has practiced with his first team for a few years. He's on the same page. Not to mention that the guy is a genius in pads, with nearly every sort of weapon you'd want to surround your quarterback with.

I can't imagine that Sage Rosenfels is anything close. Believe me, I would love to be proved wrong. But the guy gets limited reps with the first team, and he's trying to throw to a receiver like Gilmore who is running routes that a blind guy with a cane can do better.

Could you imagine a three and out that takes 15 seconds off the clock? Then our defense has to trudge out there for another three fourths of the game to try and deal with someone like Tomlinson. Our aged defense is on the field enough as it is.

I can't think of many two minute drills that have a lot of runs built in. The drill sort of implies that you're gonna throw most of the time. I think we should probably incorporate a few more hurry-ups into the playbook, but leave the two minute drill for the proper time.

Back
Top Bottom