• Naanee

Votes: 56 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Markcalius

Druggist
Club Member
Reaction score
A quarterback that never completes a pass? Or a wide receiver who spontaneously fumbles his only reception?

Naanee at least had respectable stats for a year. Pat didn't complete a freakin pass!

the second round pick, of course.

Exactly. Relative to the opportunity cost, Pat White might very well be the worst player in franchise history. If it's not him, he's certainly on a very exclusive list along with Eric Kumerow, Eddie Moore, Yatil Green, Don Reese, Billy Milner, Darryl Carlton and Jackie Shipp. Guys like John Avery, Tedd Ginn, Jason Allen, Sammie Smith and David Overstreet (like Green, it's not his fault, but still) were terrible but at least did something. The guys on the first list were complete losses.

This all depends how you look at it. (being it's kind of asked 2 different ways) Did anybody really know what White may do in the NFL? With LN we had tape to look at, should have known what he was about. PW at least seemed to have promise in the Wildcat back then.
If we are asking worst pick up...then yeah, White and his 2nd round price tag. This title just says worst player though. In those terms I give it to Naanee. At least catch a dang ball. White wasn't hired/drafted to be starter, just a gimmick guy.
Now when the question then reads who tarnished the franchise more. yeah, it would be the PICK of Pat White, not White himself.

Pat White got a first down and at least one yard.

Exactly. Relative to the opportunity cost, Pat White might very well be the worst player in franchise history. If it's not him, he's certainly on a very exclusive list along with Eric Kumerow, Eddie Moore, Yatil Green, Don Reese, Billy Milner, Darryl Carlton and Jackie Shipp. Guys like John Avery, Tedd Ginn, Jason Allen, Sammie Smith and David Overstreet (like Green, it's not his fault, but still) were terrible but at least did something. The guys on the first list were complete losses.
i think overstreet died before he ever played for us. could be mistaken though.

Legadon't was my favorite nickname.

Anyway, I'm amazed people are willing to ignore the pick spent on White in choosing Naanee in this poll. Only in the context of opportunity cost does this kind of exercise make even marginal sense, otherwise there's a whole history of practice scrubs and other barely rosterable maggots who rank far below even Naanee in franchise history. Naanee made very little dent in the scheme of things. He didn't cost a pick, a ton of money, lose a game or get anyone hurt. We'll forget about him soon enough.

White, on the other hand, will live on in Infamy. And for good reason. He was an embarrassment on the field, perpetuated a joke gimmick of an offense, and was also taken just a few picks before the likes of Connor Barwin and LeSean McCoy.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

i think overstreet died before he ever played for us. could be mistaken though.

No, he played some in '83. Even caught a touchdown pass from Marino, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naanee made very little dent in the scheme of things. He didn't cost a pick, a ton of money, lose a game or get anyone hurt.

If Matthews is active instead of Naanee, not sure we lose the Arizona game. He could've dropped that pass or fell flat on his face after hauling it in, either of which would've made the win much easier than the non-contact fumble, which has to be one of the worst plays I've ever seen any WR make, ever.

Of course, some of the throws Pat White attempted were some of the worst pass attempts I've ever seen too.

BTW - go back and look at that 2009 draft as a whole. That draft is chocked full of busts and disappointments, all around, not just our team.

If Matthews is active instead of Naanee, not sure we lose the Arizona game. He could've dropped that pass or fell flat on his face after hauling it in, either of which would've made the win much easier than the non-contact fumble, which has to be one of the worst plays I've ever seen any WR make, ever.

Of course, some of the throws Pat White attempted were some of the worst pass attempts I've ever seen too.

BTW - go back and look at that 2009 draft as a whole. That draft is chocked full of busts and disappointments, all around, not just our team.

Except, as bad as it was, Smith's INT and the resulting long touchdown made Lega's booboo irrelevant. It didn't lose us the game at all.

Back
Top Bottom