Pollian on Trading Down and Telling The Truth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pollian on Trading Down and Telling The Truth

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
On M&M earlier Pollian was asked if, other than the owner and his wife, he ever told anyone the truth on his draft plans. He said no, and that he told his wife the truth once, she let it get out, and that ended that. LOL

On trading down, you're going to loose the guy you wanted to trade down for 90% of the time. So, if you're trading down 5 spots, there better be 4 guys you will be happy with, if it's 10 spots there better be 8 or you are going to have buyer's remorse on the guy you could have had.

With that in mind, do those wanting to trade down see enough players you would be happy with if it was not a RT?

If you're a team with multiple needs and the extra picks can get those guys then it has to be an option.

If you're a team with multiple needs and the extra picks can get those guys then it has to be an option.

I do agree with you but, I am really torn here between trading up to fill our, far and away. biggest need in a RT, staying put for a guy like a Mosely,etc and somewhat rolling the dice for a couple of lessor rated players, even in this deep draft. I keep going back and forth on this, and just cannot decide.

Based on what Pollian said of telling the truth, I'm thinking it may be better to listen to a great tune in "Smoke On The Water" than reports of what "team sources" are saying. lol

If the BPA doesn't fit a need spot at 19, I'm all for trading back a 3-6 spots if we can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd for it. A 2nd might be wishful thinking but a 3rd should be possible. More picks, more picks, more picks.

Trade with Saints to jump ahead of Eagles for Brandin Cook

Saints - 1 (19)

Fins - 1 (27), 2 (58).

Fins Draft Count - 1 (27), 2 (50), 2 (58), 3 (81), 4 (116), 5 (155), 6 (190), 7 (234)

1 (27) - RT Morgan Moses, Virginia - Day 1 Starter at RT, line complete.

2 (50) - G Gabe Jackson, Miss. - Day 1 Starter at LG, line complete.

2 (53) - TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame - Easily #2 TE and competes for #1 slot with Clay.

3 (81) - OLB Telvin Smith, Florida State - Depth move that can either push Wheeler or take over.

4 (116) - RB Charles Sims, West Virginia - D. Thomas is gone and Sims slots in at #3, wide open RB camp battle with Moreno and Miller

5 (155) - WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers - Project big body WR, red zone threat Fins lack. 6'6 225lbs....nice.

Saints - 1 (19)

Fins - 1 (27), 2 (58).

Fins Draft Count - 1 (27), 2 (50), 2 (58), 3 (81), 4 (116), 5 (155), 6 (190), 7 (234)

2 (53) - TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame - Easily #2 TE and competes for #1 slot with Clay.

3 (81) - OLB Telvin Smith, Florida State - Depth move that can either push Wheeler or take over.

4 (116) - RB Charles Sims, West Virginia - D. Thomas is gone and Sims slots in at #3, wide open RB camp battle with Moreno and Miller

5 (155) - WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers - Project big body WR, red zone threat Fins lack. 6'6 225lbs....nice.

I think Moses is a real possibility because no fins "sources" have been supposedly talking about him and the only thing we did see is he is on a "do not draft" list.

If the BPA doesn't fit a need spot at 19, I'm all for trading back a 3-6 spots if we can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd for it. A 2nd might be wishful thinking but a 3rd should be possible. More picks, more picks, more picks.

This is where things get confusing, at least for me. For example, a WR does not really fit an immediate need but, is the BPA. In limited play this year, he could still make some big plays, and in one case, can be a very dangerous return guy.

Tuff to pass for more being better. JMO

Saints - 1 (19)

Fins - 1 (27), 2 (58).

IDK MR, starting two rookies is a recipe for disaster. JMO

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I think Moses is a real possibility because no fins "sources" have been supposedly talking about him and the only thing we did see is he is on a "do not draft" list.

Guess that actually means we will be trading up for him. lol

IDK MR, starting two rookies is a recipe for disaster. JMO

Why, last season this team started all vets and was disaster...

I think too often we look at past trends to make a specific judgement about the future...we have no idea how starting two rookies will effect the line play....

I don't believe RT should be our top priority. I know it's a need but what we need most is TDScorers so I'm looking at the kid from FSU. First name is Kelvin but his last name escapes me right now. That guy is going to be a beast. We need a target like that for the red zone. We have nobody like him on our roster. I'm hoping we get him,

Why, last season this team started all vets and was disaster...

I think too often we look at past trends to make a specific judgement about the future...we have no idea how starting two rookies will effect the line play....

True, they could be great but, based on history, I do not see the odds in favor of that. D's have become much more complicated, and most rookies on the OL take a year to adapt, as well as getting stronger, even top first round picks.

Back
Top Bottom