Position and methods. Just for fun. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Position and methods. Just for fun.

dolhindan

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok. Heres a what if. If Miami shores up there OL in FA market. What in your opinion would be the next most important position to fill, and how would you fill it. If drafting would you move up or down, and for who might that be. Also why is that player a possible game changer. But consider this player to be Miami's most important move this off season. My thinking is MLB but whats your take.

You hit a lot of key points. The best part of this offseason is that the team is only very deficient in a small amount of areas. If we can sign and draft a couple of linebackers, while getting a couple of offensive lineman, and secondary help we could take a leap to being championship contenders. We would most likely need to get atleast 2 MLB's and an OLB to shore up depth. At our pick Jarrad Davis from Florida or Cunningham from Vanderbilt along with signing some players like Zach Brown and Melvin Ingram would fit the bill and shore up our LB core.

We need 2 OG's and more depth along the entire line but OG's and C are priority, Mike Pouncey needs a contingency plan, so a rookie center late in the draft wouldn't be bad. If we keep Albert then we don't need additional LT help.

The secondary needs playmakers and contingency plans for the safeties. One or 2 CB's and a playmaking Saftey in free agency in the draft would be ideal. Jamal Adams from LSU is elite but there a bunch of good safties in this draft.

Linebackers with instincts don't conceal themselves well. We probably need to take them early, unless one of the special players at non-need positions slips to us. Later on you can find linemen, like Toth from Kentucky. Good battler who seemingly should have a nice career at center/guard.

Ok. Heres a what if. If Miami shores up there OL in FA market. What in your opinion would be the next most important position to fill, and how would you fill it. If drafting would you move up or down, and for who might that be. Also why is that player a possible game changer. But consider this player to be Miami's most important move this off season. My thinking is MLB but whats your take.

If Miami can dramatically improve two positions for me it would be offensive line and linebacker. I agree with you it would be a MLB if the Dolphins nailed down the guard position. I love Reuben Foster, but I think he'll go near top 10 so Miami would likely have to give up a lot to move up. I'd stay put and get someone like Jarrad Davis or Hassan Reddick. I'm leaning more towards Reddick because of his ability to rush the passer.

This looks like a good route to take. i could definitely buy into this... But I would still cut Albert. I don't think he is worth 10 mil this season.

I think the best course of action would be to shop him on draft day...or to play it safe, we hold off on putting BA on the trade block and hang on to him as insurance in case we can't find a cheaper option to take his place. We'll probably sign a guy like Leary/Zietler/Warford in free agency to man one guard spot, so any rookie we draft at the position should be given every opportunity to prove they can replace Albert at the other guard spot...if one of the draft picks steps up in camp and preseason we can shop Albert again as we get closer to the start of the season, if no takers we release him.

Nickel DB should be the next priority. McCain is backup standard at best and Michael Thomas is a career ST guy. Get a guy with some cb/s flexibility and you have even better coverage of our defensive holes. A guy who is good in run support as well as covering the slot. Amazingly, the draft is unusually full of quality guys who can fill this role for us : King, Baker, Kazee, Elder, X Woods to name a few.

It's a no brainer and it's an absolute must.

I like Snoops train of thought on BA as it leaves you options. Don"t think we release him though as we won"t land two of those OG's. Also SF Dolphin Fan makes a great point on selling the farm for Foster, although you have to love what he brings to the table. Can't say I have given a lot thought to Nickel DB but is McCain really that much of a liability? In any case I still think that ILB spot is first priority. Just thinking.

Back
Top Bottom