Position change can’t save Dolphins’ Wilford

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BAMAPHIN 22, May 26, 2009.

1. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/dolphins/13969

2. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

DAMN!!! I thought this was some kind of breaking news that Wilford had been cut.

3. Schleprock

Schleprock Mad and Surt...Legendary

All very good and common sense replies in that article. I think the try out at H-back was more of a "nice gesture" by the coaching staff toward Wilford rather than a real look at his potential there. In the end, I think they (and us all) know what Wilford's fate is.

4. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

its time to just let him go

5. Mr772

Mr772 Pro Bowler

The fact that we were paper thin a some points last year at WR and Wilford still didn't see the field tells me all I need to know about him.

6. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

As much as Wilford sucks, Haynos and Nalbone are far from sure things above him. His cost will be his downfall more than anything at TE.

7. The Mountie

The Mountie Starter

Exactly.

8. bdmagnum

bdmagnum Big Daddy

The mention of him possibly being used as a TE could be a tactic to increase his value for a team looking for a WR/TE, you know, get something for nothing :).

9. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

There isn't much that can save Wilford at this point.

JCane likes this.
  10. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Absolutely.

I hate dead weight at this point.

Can't wait to see Charlie Anderson cut too. 1.5 sacks and a blocked punt aren't enough to warrant a second season on the phins. I think Jason Taylor is taking that spot anyway so come september both will be gone.

Wilford is the lamest duck on the team though. I could see the Eagles picking him if we cut him and releasing Reggie Brown, who by the way was the the 35th or so pick in the draft with OUR pick that we gave them for Feeley. Glad that didn't work out for them either.

11. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

no sense in cutting him now. let them battle it out in TC.
    I think David Martin is in his final year.

12. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Then your stealing reps from Haynos and Nalbone who are bonafide TE's and young. Whats the sense in dragging this on any longer if we know the outcome. I mean Wilford is a great guy so he deserves a shot elsewhere and we need(the team) to stop pretending like he even has a chance at this point.

I wish Martin had another year on his deal. I think if he has another season like last year someone will notice he can play and give him a better deal than we could even consider given that Fasano's deal is up at the end of the year. Although he won't be an UFA.

13. Emil305

Emil305 Rookie

Damn what happened to Wilford he was pretty good with the Jags but now he just takes up roster space..... Miami ruined him not the org but probably the partying and what comes from it....

14. Atila

Atila Atila - the freshmaker. Finheaven VIP

Not really. Wilford was always mediocre in Jacksonville - just not this bad. He was also working under his rookie contract before as well. Now that he got a little bit of money looks like he came in too content and never recovered.

15. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

You mean he is not gonna start this year?

16. jvw

jvw Starter

Competition......If he can beat out one of those guys or make them work harder then its all good.......I love this FO because they only make roster cuts based on what you can do on the field. Yea he stunk it up last yr but this is a new yr and if he improves on the field this yr he would need to be able to do more than one job.......Hey this FO signed this kid for big money, they must have liked what they saw before signing him. Don't give up on him yet......I think we will see Wilford be more like the player he was in Jacksonville than the one we saw last yr....the reason?....because this coaching staff worked really hard this offseason getting him to correct his sloppy route running which will make him a better reciever.

17. CHRIS CLEMONS

CHRIS CLEMONS 4th and Shlong

David Martin was always hurt in Green Bay so they just want Wilford for depth. We have Fasano that is the only for sure TE to play anyways. Haynos and Nalborne have potential but are no gurantees. It doesnt hurt to have Wilford play some time at TE for depth purposes.

Our team is full of players that can play at some level in multiple positions.