Positives from game ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from game ??

Jarvis Landry might be even better with smokin jay under center

Parkey.

Except for a couple bad plays (Tunsil asleep once?), the offensive line looked quite good. Hell, the offense looked good once they stopped all that behind the line crap.

Except that red zone offense...

Judging from highlights only, plus the box score....

* Jay Ajayi's 122 yards rushing has to be a positive.
* DaVante Parker made an outstanding catch on a play that could have been intercepted.
* The new place kicker was gold and he needed to be.
* Cutler looked good, but not great. His endzone miss costs the team four points, which could have been a factor if the San Diego kicker came through.
* Looks like the run defense did great.
* No turnovers.

Neutralizing Bosa & Ingram (outside of one blown snap by Tunsil) was a positive.

This O needs to be unshackled. And it will be. Gase is just being careful right now.

The D needs to gel. But I believe that it will.

Cutler sucks. Just wants to **** games away. It isn't like he followed assignments, threw a good game, didn't pitch picks, threaded a few needles, nice TD to Stills.....

Yeah. He'll do.

Cutlers pocket awareness so refreshing

True but unless he does something else besides roll to his right, how long do you expect that to work? Still, I give the man full marks as I thought he played really well.

Jay Ajayi-Not much else to be said. He looked good, and while he did take some hits, he wasn't getting beat up.

The OL-Laremy Tunsil had a few shaky moments, but against a team with Melvin Ingram, Corey Liuget, and Joey Bosa the OL did a good job of holding up, and opening holes in the running game. We don't need the OL to be amazing, just competent, and they looked good.

DaVante Parker-Even when he didn't make the catch, he played tough. We need him to play to his size, and he did just that.

The run defense-Yes the Chargers didn't really try much, but outside of one draw, we kept a solid running game in check.

Jay Cutler-Note this is NOT be saying Jay Cutler is better than Ryan Tannehill, but I think you saw at times where a Jay Cutler led offensive has potential to be more explosive than a Ryan Tannehill led offense. Just a little better in the pocket, and more willing to take shots on 50/50 balls. Now that being said, when Jay Cutler is bad he is MUCH worse too, so we will likely see that down the road as well.

Cody Parkey-2nd year in a row, we won our first game because of him.

Now I will also say this, while the D gave up some bad plays, while the D is not good right now, good on them for only giving up 17 points. Now I am under no illusion that our D is even halfway decent, but I've seen D's with more talent play better all game and give up points at the worst times, so props to that. Still not good enough but it's a start.

What others mentioned in previous posts.

Run blocking was good and Hull should get a bonus star for his hustle today.

A shout out to Gase for negatives. Bad play calling, poor choice to challenge (calls like that always go to house) and what the hell was that last timeout, not sure if that was him or not but yikes.

Surprisingly, the players played well but it was the coaching that was not stellar today.

Way too conservative on that last drive....you have to score 7 there...it seemed as if Gase was playing to score a FG and we almost lost the damn game because of it.

Running Jay up the middle, a b.s. screen pass to Landry that was highly telegraphed....man throw the frikkin' ball down field Gase! You were at the Chargers 50 yard line, go for the jugular. You have Thomas, Landry Stills Parker....use them.

Instead...we scratch and crawl and kick a long ass field goal...then give Rivers 1:09 left on the clock - which he (like Brady would) quickly moved the ball downfield.

Much too conservative play calling during this game.

Last edited:
No major injuries, at least not that I know. It has to be a BIG positive for us every game

Plus I think Chargers had the longest current streak of not allowing a 100 yds RB, Ajayi got 122

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom