Possible coaching candidate... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible coaching candidate...

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
Would people be opposed to bringing in Jeff Fisher ex-Titans coach... he has a great track record and I have always felt he was a hell of a coach but I haven't seen him mentioned ever as even a possibility. did he retire for good or do people just think he is a bad coach?

If we go for a HC I want someone who is young and hasn't had a shot yet. I don't want a stubborn HC to come in who is set in his ways unless it is Cowher.

If not, look for some DC or OC. Or just go get Pennington

If we go for a HC I want someone who is young and hasn't had a shot yet. I don't want a stubborn HC to come in who is set in his ways unless it is Cowher.

If not, look for some DC or OC. Or just go get Pennington

One of Sparano's problems is his inexperience as a HC, which translates to all the boneheaded moves he makes on a weekly basis. Do you really want more of the same?

I think at the end it will be Fisher that gets the job. He's the only big name coach who may accept Ireland sticking around although Fisher and Ireland together would be a total disaster. They're both totally different kinds of people, Fisher never met a microphone he didn't love and Ireland is socially inept, Fisher also runs a 4-3 scheme on defense.

One of Sparano's problems is his inexperience as a HC, which translates to all the boneheaded moves he makes on a weekly basis. Do you really want more of the same?

That to me is like passing on Aaron Rodgers because he came from a Tedford system.

Each coach is different. Am I supposed to get excited about a guy like Fisher? What was his overall record again? I think he was a winning coach but an average one.

Give me someone new. The league has changed. Guys like Fisher to me are becoming less relevant. I think a guy like Gruden would be more successful now then in the past.

Still give me a DC or OC eager to get a chance. But an aggressive one. Not a good safe one, but a strong aggressive one.... Rob Ryan?

I hate even talking about this goign into week 3. But what about Joe Philbin, OC of GB? or Clarence Shelmon, OC in San Diego? If we look defensively maybe Chuck Pagano DC for Ravens or Mike Pettine DC for Jets? This is if we want some new who has never been a head coach. They are in charge of some nice units. The only reason I would want Cowher is I believe he has seen that true success comes with a stud QB, not winning it all until Big ben showed up. I believe if he took over that would be his goal which I believe is all our goals. Also with a guy respected like him other good coaches like to come and learn under him.

I don't see why so many think he is that good of a coach. He won 1 AFC title, had many so-so teams, and has really sucked lately.

I think at the end it will be Fisher that gets the job. He's the only big name coach who may accept Ireland sticking around although Fisher and Ireland together would be a total disaster. They're both totally different kinds of people, Fisher never met a microphone he didn't love and Ireland is socially inept, Fisher also runs a 4-3 scheme on defense.

What does that have to do with him or his job and where do you get that from?

No more "on the job " training.

Wanny ,Sabin ,Cam ,Tony

None had won a single NFL game as head coach when we hired them.

Playoff experiance a MUST for next coach. (a superbowl visit or two would be nice)

Cowher ,Gruden ,Fisher in that order.

Personally like i have said before I want Brian Shottiheimer

Back
Top Bottom