Possible course of events? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible course of events?

insom187

Fin fan in hostile territory
Reaction score
Say the Dolphins are able to secure a deal for Flynn. That would leave Cleveland still in need of a QB, as their interest in Flynn shows they're at least looking, and and they would likely turn to drafting Tannehill. Because most recognize Tannehill is a potentially big reach at #8 taking him at #4 is almost unthinkable and maybe that means Cleveland would be willing to swap picks in the 1st and give them both of our 3rd round picks to move up to #4. That let's us take Blackmon, giving Flynn an immediate #1 target and filling the whole left after trading Marshall. Like I said I know Tannehill is still a reach for Cleveland at #8 but it's still before Seattle picks, who would also be interested in his services, and the trade value goes like like this:

#4: 1800
#8: 1400, #72: 230, #83: 175 = 1805

Cleveland gets their quarterback and Miami gets their offensive threat (and maybe adds Fleener in the second round at TE). Does this seem like a possible scenario?

I wouldnt be against it. But this makes way to much sense for Ireland to pull the trigger. He's not that smart.
We will sign Winston and still draft and OL most likely
Chubbs

Wouldn't it be cheaper to trade up with Tampa Bay if we really think Cleveland wants Tannehill? Let them take Tannehill and then trade up with the Bucs for Blackmon.

The problem with that is we are basically swapping Blackmon for Marshall but losing a first round pick in the process. That pick would be mighty helpful for a pass rusher.

Back
Top Bottom