Possible leak of new logo | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible leak of new logo

The logo shown by the OP of this thread is an absolute monstrosity. If that, or anything close is our logo, I will never buy a single item with it.

Since the image floating around is really crappy quality, I went ahead and made this cleaned up version in photoshop just so everyone would at least have a better idea of what exactly we're looking at.
8302130787_de7d28cbf7_b-1.jpg

As for what I actually think of the concept...I'm not sure. I don't HATE it, but I can't say I exactly love it either though. I think the reality is whenever you change something that you've been accustomed to for a really long time there is always a bit of shock at first. At least it's not a massive departure from our brand identity like when they changed the Bucs or something.

You're talking about the same people who re-designed the website to a 70's look for the week leading into the Jacksonville game, had a whole 40th Anniversary celebration for the '72 team... And never even considered wearing the throwback uniforms. It seems like they're tone deaf sometimes.

Great point. I have been calling for this. We never even wear alternate uniforms anymore. Very boring marketing and merchandising by Ross and co.

Been staring at this thing for a while and the thing I can't make sense of is that super long tail that makes the whole logo off balance. I actually would like this if they cut that back part off or at least centered the darn thing.

-reserving judgement though. The original poster put this as "95% certainty", which leaves a very safe 5% chance of saying "whoops" and all of this hoopla being for nothing.

Well the good news is that if I remember correctly, they said they were gonna show the fans with the option of going back to what we have now if everyone hates it. There is zero chance the fans are gonna like that crap. The other one that was shown on page 5 of this thread is the best one I have seen. It makes the dolphin look more menacing. I like the red eyes and darker orange, that is a really cool logo. But for the OP one is beyond terrible. I would get rid of Sunday Ticket and would have to start listening to the fins on the radio, so I wouldn't have to see them, if this was our new logo.

I agree with the general feelings here. I think it can salvaged by turning the tail down to look more like the current pose and add an eye. The sun updates are fine with me. One thing none of us know is the orientation of the logo. We could be looking at it sideways.

If it were me I would go retro all the way. People love that and there is a ton of examples that support this. E en the bucs retro stuff is popular now

I hope not...
1st, leave the helmet on
2nd, that thing needs a face...
3rd, we need the sun
4th, IT DOES NOT HAVE TO SHARE ANY FEATURE WITH THE MARLINS!!!

If that is the new logo I will save alot of money because I will not spend a penny on that and would never wear it. It looks feminine, if people think that are logo now is cartoony and not menacing wait for the uproar on this. I rather just leave the logo alone and update the uniforms, go back to the aqua color of the seventies and if they want to keep the blue highlights that is fine.

Since the image floating around is really crappy quality, I went ahead and made this cleaned up version in photoshop just so everyone would at least have a better idea of what exactly we're looking at.
8302130787_de7d28cbf7_b-1.jpg

As for what I actually think of the concept...I'm not sure. I don't HATE it, but I can't say I exactly love it either though. I think the reality is whenever you change something that you've been accustomed to for a really long time there is always a bit of shock at first. At least it's not a massive departure from our brand identity like when they changed the Bucs or something.

that actually looks pretty good

If that is the new logo I will save alot of money because I will not spend a penny on that and would never wear it. It looks feminine, if people think that are logo now is cartoony and not menacing wait for the uproar on this. I rather just leave the logo alone and update the uniforms, go back to the aqua color of the seventies and if they want to keep the blue highlights that is fine.
Agreed......"IF" that truly is it,then it is total garbage and crap.I've a TON of our retro stuff(which I prefer),and a fair amount of current logo stuff as well.Not that anyone cares,but I absolutely refuse to buy,much less WEAR any of that garbage.If Marino and Griese actually did say that they LOVED it,then they should be teaching pre-school.We're supposed to be the DOLPHINS........not the GUPPIES!!! I don't expect anyone to agree with me,this is simply my opinion

Need to worry about the Product on the field more than making changes to the Logo. If your NOT winning your NOT selling merchandise.

clear.gif

you want a stupid logo, heres a stupid logo...at least it has the helmet on

OPs logo is dumb and goes against tradition for us...Tradition since the beginning says the fish wears a helmet...we are one of the few that have kept many traditions and I for one would rather see the original fin back on the logo than the crap posted on that site...

dolphins_3-1.png

This to me is the best Iv seen but it needs a helmet...

Back
Top Bottom