Possible leak of new logo | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible leak of new logo

Neither of the 2 above logos or the one in the main post even look like a Dolphin. The top ugly one looks like some kind of shark, the bottom looks like a whale and the DolFansNYC version look like a whale. All ugly IMO

Neither of the 2 above logos or the one in the main post even look like a Dolphin. The top ugly one looks like some kind of shark, the bottom looks like a whale and the DolFansNYC version look like a whale. All ugly IMO
i put the top there to prove a point...you dont need to make your logo snarl to have a good logo...

the bottom one was there because its the best logo Ive seen since people started talking new logos for us. It is the most traditional and keeps the colors that mean anything to us, teal white and orange...I HATE THE BLUE in our unis...Teal white and orange are our colors...lose the blue...but the fish sure as hell better have a helmet...

i think if the sun looked better the logo would be better, and add an eye to the dolphin

i put the top there to prove a point...you dont need to make your logo snarl to have a good logo...

the bottom one was there because its the best logo Ive seen since people started talking new logos for us. It is the most traditional and keeps the colors that mean anything to us, teal white and orange...I HATE THE BLUE in our unis...Teal white and orange are our colors...lose the blue...but the fish sure as hell better have a helmet...

I have no sources or anything but listening to Mike Dee in his interviews I'm almost certain the helmet is gone. Also the colors are more of the traditional colors I suppose if that's what people want to go back to. I personally like the newer colors minus a lot of Navy. I think going forward it needs to be modernized but kept traditional design elements but I don't think they should use the older colors. I'm a big fan of some of the more modern uniforms and logos though such as the Bucs, new Panthers, Seahawks. Lots of others just seem outdated. Tradition is good but you also don't want something that looks old in a year or two. I will say though Im a fan of throwback uniforms more then logos such as the Patriots, I like the bills more throwback looking uniforms they released a few years ago as well.

I'm also a Graphic Designer so Im hard to please. I've considered coming up with my own mock but there is no real point no one knows what the real version will look like except Ross, Dee, Nike, Marino, NFL and Griese.

I have no sources or anything but listening to Mike Dee in his interviews I'm almost certain the helmet is gone. Also the colors are more of the traditional colors I suppose if that's what people want to go back to. I personally like the newer colors minus a lot of Navy. I think going forward it needs to be modernized but kept traditional design elements but I don't think they should use the older colors. I'm a big fan of some of the more modern uniforms and logos though such as the Bucs, new Panthers, Seahawks. Lots of others just seem outdated. Tradition is good but you also don't want something that looks old in a year or two. I will say though Im a fan of throwback uniforms more then logos such as the Patriots, I like the bills more throwback looking uniforms they released a few years ago as well.

I'm also a Graphic Designer so Im hard to please. I've considered coming up with my own mock but there is no real point no one knows what the real version will look like except Ross, Dee, Nike, Marino, NFL and Griese.
the bucks needed a new logo, they were after all the gay pirate...the other stuff looks like cartoons...

We do not need a cartoon logo.

dolphins_3-1.png
Dolphins207220TK203001435-1.jpg

This keeps tradition (the colors we won the superbowl in) and modernizes it.

Our dolphin Jumps through the sun like through a loop. It does not fly or swim. It has to have a similar curve.

the best logos in the NFL are simple...The texans, greenbay, dallas, The giants...THE LIONS (best logo in the NFL to me)...

It's that tail. I actually think if they shortened and downturned the tail, a lot of people would be on board with this.

As for the helmet, it's a given that it is a goner and we have all known that for a while.

Im hoping Mike Dee breaks his silence on this one. This design is really getting posted everywhere now

Meh, they're going to have to come up with something pretty great to get me to stop buying vintage stuff only. They'll also need to start winning.

Can someone photoshop this onto a helmet so we can get in idea of what it might look like, I tried to put it onto a sick longhorns revo speed helmet but i gots no skillz

I'm all for changes, etc. but this logo looks wussy to me. I much prefer the logo on page 5 if its going to be changed.

If this is the new logo I'd give it a B-. It's inoffensive to the point of being bland. At least this isn't another Miami Marlins monstrosity. Also I think the tail is too long, needs to be shorter so it can be properly centered.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Since the image floating around is really crappy quality, I went ahead and made this cleaned up version in photoshop just so everyone would at least have a better idea of what exactly we're looking at.
8302130787_de7d28cbf7_b-1.jpg

As for what I actually think of the concept...I'm not sure. I don't HATE it, but I can't say I exactly love it either though. I think the reality is whenever you change something that you've been accustomed to for a really long time there is always a bit of shock at first. At least it's not a massive departure from our brand identity like when they changed the Bucs or something.

Thanks for the mockup! Good work. You know, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

The most common complaints I hear are that the dolphin needs an eye, or that it looks effeminate. I just think it has a classic look, similar to the Bills logo, which I find to be one of the best in the NFL.

If you will notice, the Bills logo doesn't look like a cartoon. It is a SYMBOL. That is what good logos are.

See:
clear.gif

This is a symbol of a majestic looking dolphin leaping through the air. Nothing effeminate about it. Dolphins are graceful, not jacked up masculine looking figures. Its as if some of you want the Dolphin to be some roided-out looking creature with a mean snarl and muscles popping out of its fins. Again, this is a logo, not a cartoon. I personally like the direction of a classic, traditional logo look.

And I am sorry, a helmet on a dolphin is about the silliest looking thing a person can come up with - hardly masculine.

the bucks needed a new logo, they were after all the gay pirate...the other stuff looks like cartoons...

We do not need a cartoon logo.

dolphins_3-1.png

This keeps tradition (the colors we won the superbowl in) and modernizes it.

Our dolphin Jumps through the sun like through a loop. It does not fly or swim. It has to have a similar curve.

the best logos in the NFL are simple...The texans, greenbay, dallas, The giants...THE LIONS (best logo in the NFL to me)...
See this one is in the same vein yet I prefer it by quite a bit. Superior lines and coloring. Modern yet a nod back to the original. The tail on the one in this thread just sticks out awkwardly and the overall posture of the figure is bad. This would be a better choice if we don't want to push the design too far forward. Personally, I prefer abstracting the sun and not viewing it as a loop. I've always pictured it more as a leaping dolphin eclipsing the sun not a circus act.

This is what the logo looks like in action

RizEp-1.png

Back
Top Bottom