Possible starting lineup.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible starting lineup....

Franks at 76.2 accuracy seems really bad, is that average for the league?? Expecting our kicker to make 3 out of 4 kicks is troubling.
Interesting we did not bring another kicker into camp or have I overlooked one.

Pouncey and Msi are both very suspectable of not making it this year well enough starting.

I believe both Pouncey, and Misi will make the final 53. Gase likes Pouncey, a lot! And chances are that yes he may miss some games do to injury, but when healthy he is one of the better centers in the league. Misi will be a great back up for us this year.

I would prefer Misi to be depth and the rookie to start. We know what we have in Misi - when healthy he's just kinda "there". If you look at his career stats his rookie year was his best in terms of sacks and impact plays. They have been few and far between since. Let the rookie play - he offers upside. Misi makes a really nice backup.

I've written this plenty of times before, but it bears repeating.

Misi reminds me of Ted Johnson from Parcells Patriots. Later in his career he was a superb backup, just couldn't last an entire season healthy.

I actually like Misi a lot when healthy. He's got some thump to him, sets a good edge and could backup SLB and MLB. I'd still go with Hewitt as WLB backup, though.

Ya i dont see how none of the draft picks are day 1 starters.

You never know till canp....if a rookie excels anything is possible

I would think Asiatta and McMillen both have a shot...Harris should see plenty of pass rushing situations..Godchaux and Taylor have a shot at playing time in the rotation.
Tankersly could blow it up in camp....you never know.

We finally have some options on defense. So much depth in the front 7 now, we don't even have to start our rookies.

We could go-
Branch/Phillips/Suh/Hayes on run downs
Harris/Hayes/Suh/Wake on pass downs
Misi/Branch/Harris/Timmons at SAM, situationally
Alonso/Timmons/McMillan in an Over Base off the line heat seeking
Wake/Branch/Suh/Harris in like a speed package
Alonso/McMillan in Nickel
Hewitt backup Will and specials ace
Godcheaux and Taylor in on goaline
Fede playing Specials

basically we have so many tools to work with that fits what Gase has been saying playing situational football from week to week throughout the season. Every game your 0-0, and so you have to be a flexible enough team to matchup with what your opponent is working with.

not to mention our secondary that really bolstered the boundary with another press corner. Safety is definitely something to monitor, but Nate Allen isn't a slouch, and TJ Mcdonald may very well be FS of the future for us. We want to play Cover 2 and it won't matter about his single high abilities when we're having him and Jones roaming around and shooting passing and running lanes. Nickel play hurt us all year but we still will have fierce competition for that role. McCain/Thomas/Lucas/Pitts/Allen will all fight for PT at nickel and maybe better play from our LBs won't make Nickel so obvious?

I think Kwon and Asiata are day one starters, but obviously they need to bring it in camp.

Charles Harris & William Hayes will be impact rotational depth, so you'll see them in all the time.

Franks at 76.2 accuracy seems really bad, is that average for the league?? Expecting our kicker to make 3 out of 4 kicks is troubling.
Agreed. I'm just hoping that the huge season saving game tying field goal from distance propels him going forward. Not a big fan. But that was a massive and clutch kick. The entire special teams unit had to rush the field, and he absolutely drilled it.

I think that's a fairly accurate lineup as things stand right now. Who knows what happens when training camp starts. As much as I've complained about the Carroo trade for all we know he could come into training camp and wow everyone and take Parker's starting spot. Asiata and McMillan also have a chance to start but maybe not opening day. McMillan is just a matter of time, just like we know Pouncey will go down at some point this season, it's inevitable Misi will also be injured.

One curious omission on the starters...who's the long snapper? lol.

I don't think Misi has even been cleared yet. He was supposed to be cleared in May but no announcement that I've heard. He may be held back IF he even gets cleared. I think McMillan will start week 1. Harris may not officially win the starting spot be he could end up splitting snaps with Branch and be used more often on passing downs. Asiata will need time.

I don't think Misi has even been cleared yet. He was supposed to be cleared in May but no announcement that I've heard. He may be held back IF he even gets cleared. I think McMillan will start week 1. Harris may not officially win the starting spot be he could end up splitting snaps with Branch and be used more often on passing downs. Asiata will need time.

He's supposed to be cleared this month. There's also the possibility he's cut once he's cleared so the Dolphins don't have to have an injury settlement. It would free up about $4 million, possibly enough to sign a veteran DT.

Back
Top Bottom