Possible trade scenario including Ronnie Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible trade scenario including Ronnie Brown

PHINZONER

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I could see the Dolphins trading Ronnie Brown if a high character high motor guy like Knowshon Moreno would slip to that point in the draft. He is a team first guy that works hard and never is satisfied with where he is. Remember that the Georgia OL was using 3rd and 4th string guys as starters as injuries ridded the entire OL all year. High production guy that was willing to share time and do everything the team asked him to do. So a scenario I could see shake out could be:

1. Ronnie Brown for Braylon Edwards and pick(s)
2. " " for Anquan Boldin and pick(s)

Both ways the Dolphins could satisfy two or more positions in one pick. Fill the rb & wr spot and potentially acquire more picks to build the team. Both of these wr's are proven commodities.

(Boldin is supposedly being shopped for a 2nd and other considerations)

I feel that Knowshon is an elite player that has a very high upside and would bring a spark in motivation to the offensive side of the ball as Porter did to the defensive side. Mark Richt was asked about the leader of the team and the 1 guy that impacts the Georgia Bulldogs the most. The lead question was intended about Matthew Stafford, Richt said the 1 player that has impacted the team the most was Knowshon Moreno. He pointed out how he gets the entire team pumped up and fired up in all aspects. He noted the sideline during kickoffs and returns. The entire team was bouncing and in tune with what was going on, on the field.

I do not want to trade him but the option has been presented and the Dolphins listened. That lead's me to believe that if a young and very productive player with high character and the work ethic of Knowshon's caliber is available it would be and intriguing option. He has the Parcells mentality. Runs hard and works hard! Willing to pass block and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Just a scenario that could benefit the team in multiple facets.

I think Ronnie is a very good player and would be very happy to have him as a Fin for a long time. The problem comes in the fact that Ronnie is a FA after this season. Just a twist to options that have been discussed.

The problem with Brown is that when he hits the FA market, he's going to want top 5 RB money. I doubt this regime wants to pay him that money. That's not saying I don't think he's worth it because I think he is. But they may see trading him as the best option for the organization in the long run.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ronnie traded... However, I think the guy the Dolphins have their eye on is Shonn Greene in the 2nd or 3rd... Our version of Marion Barber.

I don't get why everyone is wanting to trade Brown.
i agree i dont think we should he is our best player and he is only 27 he still has alot of good years ahead of him not to mention he is coming off a ACL tear and had a really good season

Back
Top Bottom