Possibly Sabotage of Cutler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possibly Sabotage of Cutler?

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I was at the game today and being there Cutler looked plain dreadful. Now after reading the threads here and seeing alot of you guys pointing out it not just being on Jay, but the entire offensive line as well as the multiple drops by his receivers... I'm starting to wonder if maybe the guys just don't want to play for him.

I'm a fireman and I work with a guy who was a backup offensive lineman with him in Chicago but one day, due to injury, had to play center in practice. He said Cutler is an a**hole and Cutler said "I'm not taking snaps by this guy he'll never even see the field".

I've heard this multiple times that he's an arrogant a**. I'm wondering if the guys are just not playing for him... hoping Gase puts in Moore?

Ten million bucks says Gase won't bench him anytime soon. Don't forget, he was the one that brought him out of retirement to come here

Not buying this story....Cutler has never really had a problem with teammates...like Marshall,Forte,Jeffrey etc just because one sour offense linemen said something remember Cutler had a garbage o-line while he played for the Bears. Matt Moore is a good back up but failed when we needed him in big games like vs the Pats & Steelers. I am sure Gase believes in Cutler more then Moore.

This really isn't complicated guys; Dolphins have the worst interior OL in the NFL. IMO, they are far worse than depicted in the ratings. Our OL is so bad that it actually destroys our entire offense.

This is the result of unforgivable, severe, and blatant negligence by our front office and Gase himself. Just the particular move of bringing back Bushrod is the tell-tale sign. They were in complete denial and oblivious to how bad their personnel really was.

Pouncey was finished long ago. Continuing to boast about his greatness and eminent leadership while he stinks it up at the rock bottom of the league among centers is just another clear indicator of how Stupendously STUPID these people really are.

Not buying this story....Cutler has never really had a problem with teammates...like Marshall,Forte,Jeffrey etc just because one sour offense linemen said something remember Cutler had a garbage o-line while he played for the Bears. Matt Moore is a good back up but failed when we needed him in big games like vs the Pats & Steelers. I am sure Gase believes in Cutler more then Moore.

I think it's more than just 1 sour offensive lineman. Just throw in "Jay Cutler poor teammate" in the old Google. You'll see plenty of reports of ex teammates ripping him. Anyways I don't need u to believe me... I was just bringing this up as a possibility.

I don't agree that they're playing this way because of Cutler. They'd essentially be throwing away a possible full season of their careers, ruining potential game tape for future contracts, and possibly risking injury to Cutler AND Ajayi, just cuz they *may* not like the guy? There isn't even any evidence of that. I'm with Kingdom that the o-line is at the heart of the issue here. It took well into the second half today to finally see some decent space for Ajayi to run through, for the first time in the last 3 games, and Cutler was running for his life most of the game as well.

All things considered, we're still at .500 as of now. We were 1-4 last year and still made the playoffs. There's time to get things corrected.

Gase just doesn’t wanna accept that he made a mistake with Cutler. Gase will ride cutler all the way to the end barring an injury. Cutler could have 5ints with 3 returned for TDS vs Atlanta and Gase will say there’s 0% chance of a change at QB.
Sadly this is true. In his post game he literately would blame every other offensive position besides the QB. "Too many drops" "need better blocking" "they gotta do their job" "football isn't a hard game to play". But the QB? He's done no wrong from what I gather from Gase. And I mean NO WRONG AT ALL. It's pretty disturbing honestly and I gotta believe the other players are annoyed by it.

I think it's more than just 1 sour offensive lineman. Just throw in "Jay Cutler poor teammate" in the old Google. You'll see plenty of reports of ex teammates ripping him. Anyways I don't need u to believe me... I was just bringing this up as a possibility.

ummm I don't know if you remember but Tannehill was a poor teammate also at a certain point as a Dolphin when he was with Philbin....They questioned his leadership & Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, and at last Miko Grimes kept putting him down.

Sadly this is true. In his post game he literately would blame every other offensive position besides the QB. "Too many drops" "need better blocking" "they gotta do their job" "football isn't a hard game to play". But the QB? He's done no wrong from what I gather from Gase. And I mean NO WRONG AT ALL. It's pretty disturbing honestly and I gotta believe the other players are annoyed by it.
Not even a “Cutler needs to get better” quote from gase

Couple of things are happening IHMO
Oline doesn't like Cutlers persona
The team likes Moore and think he got a raw deal with the signing of Cutler
Cutler isn't that good in this stage of his career
Gase protecting Cutler with game plan.
Something is rotten in Denmark

Last edited:
I have hard time believing pros are dropping balls and missing assignments intentionally.
They have no heart and that's because there has never been real leadership on the offensive side of the ball for a loooooong time. Tannehill was just about there.

I have hard time believing pros are dropping balls and missing assignments intentionally.
They have no heart and that's because there has never been real leadership on the offensive side of the ball for a loooooong time. Tannehill was just about there.
Every year Miami despite supposedly being a professional team can’t get the little things right. Can’t recover easy fumbles. Missed blocking assignments. When to call fair catch vs when not to. Dropping easy balls. Calling a run play in shotgun formation on short and inches. He’ll Miami can’t even figure out the playclock

I don't think they're dropping on purpose. I think they have zero confidence the ball is going to come out, or that is going to be any where that is supposed to be. They look very unconfident in him. Almost like they are not used to a catchable ball so they're in shock and don't know what to do when it touches their hands.

Back
Top Bottom