Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

5th round is where he's been rated. He's a legit deep threat player with good size. His route running still needs work but he gets separation off the LOS and he can make tough catches in traffic. He'll be a nice late round addition for someone.

This is why I don't like spending premium picks on WR. You can find quality players in the mid-late rounds. Coley also has a nice frame - 6'0, 195, with 32"+ arms, and 9 3/4" hands. I'd be happy to add him in the 5th (depending on the board, of course).

I absolutely take Coley if he's there in the 5th. You don't know what's going to happen with our three receivers. Landry is obviously going to get paid. Now what if Parker breaks out? He's going to cost more than Landry if at or around the same level as a receiver because of his overall ability (and size obviously). We might be in a situation where we have to let Stills go in a couple of years.

I feel like coley will be gone by end of round 4

could even sneak into end of round 3

I'd take a crack at one of those speedy receivers in the 5th round if it means replacing Jakeem Grant on punt return duties. I'm in favor of Drake as the lone kick returner. I'd rather the 5th WR spot be a receiver with actual potential as a receiver. Grant can't even field a punt much less be counted on to run routes and catch the football.

This is where taking Corn Elder in the 3rd might make sense. He is easily the best return man the Hurricanes trotted out there the last 3 years, and he's a good prospect to replace McCain as the slot CB.

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
More
Utah cornerback John Green ran 4.3 at Pro Day, invited to Dolphins' local prospect day

Adam Beasley is reporting, Dolphins Defensive Line coach, had a Private meeting with and worked out; Michigan State DL Malik McDowell in Lansing Michigan.

forgot to add teez tabor around 4.7 which has murdered his stock

the bottom line is that cat is slow...gonna be a ton of zone only fit thoughts with that kid

marcus maye doesn't have the upside of some of the other safeties out there but I trust his gap fill to be correct more than I do a lot of the other options...and for Miami fill at safety is a scheme requirement

Field Yates Retweeted Field Yates
On the same day McDonald learned of his fate, he visited the Dolphins. First visit for the former Ram.Field Yates added,
Field YatesVerified account @FieldYates

Source: free agent S T.J. McDonald has been suspended for the first 8 games of the 2017 season.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 17m17 minutes ago
More
TJ McDonald, the 2nd-highest ranked unsigned free agent on our ESPN 150, has been suspended for first 8 games of seaosn, per @FieldYates.

SO this says we realize we still need a another safety?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the same day McDonald learned of his fate, he visited the Dolphins. First visit for the former Ram.Field Yates added,

Source: free agent S T.J. McDonald has been suspended for the first 8 games of the 2017 season.

More
TJ McDonald, the 2nd-highest ranked unsigned free agent on our ESPN 150, has been suspended for first 8 games of seaosn, per @FieldYates.

I would say yes. But I also think they will look at any position they think they can find a good deal and improve at a position. I find it refreshing to see that with everyone saying we need this or that, the FO is actively looking for much of what we are noticing as well. Wasn't always that way.

More

Tj mcdonald is more a strong safety type i believe...but why would miami try to add to tj and pay nate allen $3.4 mil fully guaranteed...theres no way tj is accepting a 2 deep gig

This seems to point towards the more interchangeable types at safety yet again and not the centerfield rangy skill sets...the more box 2 deep man under and cover 2

Sniffing tj mcdonald confuses me just like sniffing zach brown does...these guys arent coming to be 2 deep and theres no way zach brown is a plan a strong...thats idiotic waste of his skillset

Unless miamis just trying to throw off scents here and doing a bad job at it given the scheme asks and the snaps available

Tj mcdonald is more a strong safety type i believe...but why would miami try to add to tj and pay nate allen $3.4 mil fully guaranteed...theres no way tj is accepting a 2 deep gig

This seems to point towards the more interchangeable types at safety yet again and not the centerfield rangy skill sets...the more box 2 deep man under and cover 2

Sniffing tj mcdonald confuses me just like sniffing zach brown does...these guys arent coming to be 2 deep and theres no way zach brown is a plan a strong...thats idiotic waste of his skillset

Unless miamis just trying to throw off scents here and doing a bad job at it given the scheme asks and the snaps available

Well TJ is going to be in a tough spot now with the 8 game suspension.. not sure what exactly the Miami interest was though or why. Maybe TJ would accept a 1yr deal behind Jones considering the bind he is in at the moment. No need to sign him right know though based on that news.

Well TJ is going to be in a tough spot now with the 8 game suspension.. not sure what exactly the Miami interest was though or why. Maybe TJ would accept a 1yr deal behind Jones considering the bind he is in at the moment. No need to sign him right know though based on that news.

Yeah maybe he knew it was coming and he was trying to land himself some quick guaranteed money or something on a one year deal

Still seems odd...if we were gonna do this the time would have been before we gave nate allen that fully guaranteed deal...maybe miami knew this was coming apbut if thats the case why would you sign a guy who is gonna miss 8 games

Doesnt add up

Im kinda wondering if miami is really in that zach brown thing too now or did we walk away after koa restructured which gives us 3 base starters

Not a huge McDonald fan, but he can play. Possible that Miami is trying to get him for 1-year depth money, given the suspension.

I absolutely take Coley if he's there in the 5th. You don't know what's going to happen with our three receivers. Landry is obviously going to get paid. Now what if Parker breaks out? He's going to cost more than Landry if at or around the same level as a receiver because of his overall ability (and size obviously). We might be in a situation where we have to let Stills go in a couple of years.

I've been asking all these same questions. I just don't see how Miami can pay so much money to one position group of 3 players. However, I have let my worries go. Listening to Gase at the owners meeting it sounds like they have a long term vision and plan to make it happen. So basically it's up to them and I have decided not to worry anymore but enjoy those receivers for however long Miami has them.

Back
Top Bottom