Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by J. David Wannyheimer, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Tonight was not on the Oline. Larsen Stabilized the left side for the most part and Davis was ok at RT. Cutler had plenty of time to throw, he just sucked at it. He is going to get eaten alive at the next team meeting in the QB room.

Ray R likes this.
  2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Wait you blame the oline for THAT offensive effort tonight? Seriously

Wow

Ok

Team has no qb is the elephant in the room

artdnj and Csonked Out like this.
  3. dnespins

dnespins Smokin' n Jokin' Finheaven VIP

the o line is crippling this offense just like it has for the past 5 years and we have a coach that doesnt know what to do about it. blame cutler all you want. he never should have been brought here in the first place we cant protect him.

4. dnespins

larsen got blown up on the 4th down run. davis was the illegal formation that put us in 3rd and long. pouncey penalty for another 3rd and long. the line was its usual **** guys...

5. Csonked Out

Cutler was barely touched tonight and our Running Game finally showed some sign of life. The last thing I would blame is the offensive line, this might have been their best game of the year.

Ray R, terphin and Stoobz like this.
  6. Csonked Out

You crack me up, so wrong but thinking your right is just amusing.

Ray R likes this.
  7. dnespins

maybe we were watching diffrent games...

8. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

I'm pretty sure we can get blown out with CFL and Arena league stand ins without spending all that money.

9. Csonked Out

clearly we were, the oline showed real improvement in this game. We would have scored a few more had our QB been able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Ray R likes this.
  10. dnespins

other than the drake homerun we ran 15 times for 35 yards...

Digital and ForksPhin like this.
  11. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

You were watching a different game. Peppers almost assassinated Cutler on the one play and Cutler was hurried and hit all night long.

Ray R and dnespins like this.
  12. Csonked Out

He had sufficient time to run the offense tonight. I didn't say this was an all pro performance tonight, I said it was improved. Continue to blindly hate the o-line if you must but zero sacks allowed against this defense is a good night.

Ray R and Viggen like this.
  13. dnespins

i think thats what our fans lose sight of. we're so used to seeing pressure that when our qbs get .75 secs to throw the ball vs .5 we consider that adequate. tonight was par for the course. we faced a top 5 D and got dominated. i swear i heard them say on espn pregame our coach said this was the right matchup at the right time for our offense. did he really say that?

14. RalphX19X

RalphX19X MVP

Oline was solid. Still have room to improve. Penalties in key situations are what’s killer with them. But they were better today. Intrigued to see how Jesse Davis finishes off at RT.

Ray R likes this.
  15. next-year

next-year MostHated

Andre branch is absolutely useless and I really do like Kiko but he stinks.

When we drafted X Howard i was livid about it because i had watched him a play a bunch and wasn't a fan. I kid of warmed up to him last season but shouldn't have. He's still a tight hipped overly handsy CB who routinely gets beaten by 3'rd and 4'th wr's.

It's also kind of a joke that we leave Suh in for close to 90% of the snaps. I understand he's being paid and needs to stay on the field but how do you expect a guy to have enough gas at the end of games to be effective when our D has been on the field for 70% of the game.

Andre branch is absolutely useless and I really do like Kiko but he stinks.

When we drafted X Howard i was livid about it because i had watched him a play a bunch and wasn't a fan. I kid of warmed up to him last season but shouldn't have. He's still a tight hipped overly handsy CB who routinely gets beaten by 3'rd and 4'th wr's.

Devante parker isn't a number 1,

16. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

He is has been horrid and his statline does not show how bad he actually is.
    He has a hard time hitting a damn runningback on a short pass

17. Bowzer

Bowzer Active Member

Hmmm. Post game thoughts...

I really like our receivers.

Thomas is becoming more involved and it's both positive and negative.

I like Kenyan Drake.

Kiki Alonso is our worst linebacker

Bobby Mcain is the Dolphins most improved player

McDonald looked good.

Our Oline needs to be addressed.

I miss Tannehill.

I wonder how much different our defense would look with Raekwon McMillan.

Fins up guys

Ray R likes this.
  18. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

There's 3 guarantees in life. The sun rising, death, and the Dolphins losing. I can say that because the last time they won a playoff game I was 7.

It is what it is I suppose. I'm just used to it. I hardly watched the game.

joenhre likes this.
  19. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I'm okay with Jones as he has had great play in the past but I'm not so sure he is the same going forward.

He's still good most of the time.

Ray R likes this.
  20. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

* The Dolphins should have played Notre Dame

* This team has no good games. It's been more or less that simple in 2017. It's either ineptitude, or willingness to get lucky late if the opponent allows it. Very confounding for me because this league is set up to enable teams to have very distinct high energy games for 60 minutes.

* I'm not a Reshad Jones fan. Tonight all the reasons were there. Jones was completely baffled and intimidated by Christian McCaffrey. The pivotal moment of the game was the possession after the stupid Cutler interception with 40 seconds remaining in the first half. As Sean McDonough pointed out before the play, the 3rd down snap was massive because it would lead to a field goal attempt and manageable 13-7 deficit, or a dagger touchdown and 17-7. Jones completely butchered that third down read and it was like Cam Newton knew it would happen. He didn't even bother to look off Jones. McCaffrey ran a harmless swing route to the left with his back to the goal line as he headed toward the sideline at the 5. He was covered and no threat at all. But instead of competent instincts and playing it correctly inside-out, Jones panicked and headed toward the sideline to double team McCaffrey. He didn't do anything to take away the slant. It was like he had no idea a slant was available even though it was smack in his area. Jones realized his gaffe after a few steps and awkwardly turned his body, finding no-mans land and covering nobody. Simple touchdown.

On the swing pass touchdown in the third quarter, McCaffrey blocked Jones first and Howard second, taking them both out of the play. Then Jones wanted no part of a later touchdown run as he meekly allowed McCaffrey to wall him off inside the 5 yard line, making no attempt to stop the play short. Granted, by that point the defense had quit.

* No NFL team is as bad as the down points make it appear, but our team simply lacks great players or anyone who owns that potential. That's why it continues as the most boring stretch in franchise history.

* Maybe I'll get a cheap ticket for the finale hosting Buffalo on December 31. I haven't been to a game in years since I refuse to pay more than 30 or 35 bucks. This result could drop it down to that territory

21. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

I would love to know what Timmons is thinking. Going from a winning, tough, blue collar, consistantly successful playoff team to the Phins. Talk about a downgrade.

22. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

This team is like a leaky row boat. The minute one hole gets plugged there's another hole and another. If it's not missed tackles, it's penalties, shabby pass defense, interceptions by Cutler, missed passes by Cutler, a fumble by Drake, a third and long that gets converted by our opponents, we trade away the heart and soul of our team for a 4th rounder and wonder why we lose 3 straight for all the world to see. This is a brand new low as a Dolphin fan. I'm sorry, this guy Cutler ain't my kind of guy and a team that falls apart after an interception ain't my kind of team. Gase's post game pressers where he pulls his cap low and you can't see his eyes is getting old. He doesn't have many answers lately and he hitched his wagon to Cutler, a guy who actually looks scared to get hit, and gave up on Ajayi, a guys who led the league in broken tackles. If I'm going into battle and I can pick either Ajayi or Cutler to be in the fox hole with me I'm picking the Jay Train, you'd have to be an idiot to pick Cutler. How are we supposed to generate interest for the rest of this season? Are we going to lose to Tampa Bay?

23. Good_Dylan

Good_Dylan Well-Known Member

I think its why he went AWOL at the beginning of the season...He knew what was about to happen.

FanMarino likes this.
  24. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

We suck no matter how you slice it. They could have put a hundred on us if they really tried at the end. We caved and were never in it. Poor prep, zero adjustments, lost heart status quo

25. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Here’s my thoughts:

Suh is playing hurt
    The rest of the DT’s are jags and tonight emphasized it. Double Suh and his friends are useless.
    Wake is good but aging
    Rest of DE’s are Jags.
    One cut seems to be more than Kiko can handle.
    Timmons is uninterested.
    Maualuga tried but is too slow.
    Tank is our best CB
    Howard is becoming the most overrated player in finheaven history. I find it hard to believe he’s better than Maxwell.
    Mccain is a Jag.
    Safeties are OK

O-line wasn’t even the biggest issue IMHO. There were plays there crippled by inaccurate throws. Quit forcing the ball yo Thomas, game plan for the WR’s.,

Ray R and J. David Wannyheimer like this.
  26. artdnj

Yes, and add no offensive coord

27. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

My post game thoughts. The game and this team are like catching a Mahi Mahi on a tourist charter boat. All the tourist stand around watching the fish flop around, trashing ****. Finally someone runs up and clubs it to death. Last night the Panthers were that someone.

28. artdnj

I don't care who is with the team next year, Jones, Suh, Tunsil, whomever. We need a complete new team and coaches. One or three players is only the start of the issue. We have coaching issues as well as players issues and I think poor coaching is the cause for the play of the players.

29. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

:laugh

30. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

Post game thoughts

The camo gear doesn't go well with our aqua and orange, maybe one of the worst combos in the league.

Christian McCaffery really hasn't changed much since his pop warner days, looks to be about the same height. That sharpie celebration was brilliant.

That quasi bald guy on our medical staff, had some really high soled sneakers. I wonder if he does that for a height advantage like Kramer's friend Mickey does?

31. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Titans game tickets were floating in the sub $20 region that Sunday morning.

I am thinking we would of saw that happen this week but there are likely enough fans willing to make the 3-4 drive from the Tampa area to keep them stable in that $40 area.

The Denver game could end up dirt cheap tho. I already have tickets to the Patriots Monday night game . . . Will feel like an away game.

The problem with Reshad Jones is he can be exposed due to his lack of knowlege in regards to his responsibilities. And the coaches brush it off like "well when you have a great player he is at his best when he freelances" . . . Ok, but when it leaves others out to dry what does it do for the team?

He certainly pops off the screen as much as anybody on this defense, but it is not a coincedence this defense pulled it together when he went down last year. He is a great individual defender but is not a team player and certainly not playbook bright. Hard to get away with a player like that without a great Safety next to him and TJ is just getting his first action.

Truth be told, we were completely outcoached last night and Newton was manipulating everything. Can only imagine the 2 Pats game.

32. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Eagles opposition needs to pick their poison: get shredded in the passing game or destroyed on the ground?

Defensive coordinators game planning against the Dolphins: They can't throw deep AND have no running attack...

giggity.png

33. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

It was garbage time bro!

34. eger

eger Starter

My opinion. Carolinas offense stinks. Their QB causes us to play cautiously which allows for other plays to become available. Really if you look at it there’s is no number one WR. They drop balls like crazy. Dickson is an Ok TE and their RB’s are the strength. This should have been a closer game. I expected more from Miami. We got pushed around at the LOS and that’s what causes us to lose this game.

Didn’t miss a step without Benjamin. But he was t exactly lighting the world on fire either. He’s a WR built like a TE

35. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Dude is heightening. That'll get you black balled. For shame.

fishfanmiami and Daytona Fin like this.
  36. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Yep. Those TDs came when Miami was down by 24 and 31 points. They mean jack ****.

37. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

This season was doomed when Tannehill opted not to surgically repair his torn ligament.

38. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

We are not beating Tampa. One more win tops and it's not coming next week. The offense is impotent w Cutler.

39. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Yep no studs on the Carolina offense.

40. FinfanInBuffalo

FinfanInBuffalo Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Nobody is blaming Cutler for sacks or the lack of a running game (as was common with Tannehill bashers). Cutler is responsible for missing wide open throws with no pressure because he is throwing off of his back foot for NO REASON.