Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

larsen got blown up on the 4th down run. davis was the illegal formation that put us in 3rd and long. pouncey penalty for another 3rd and long. the line was its usual **** guys...
You crack me up, so wrong but thinking your right is just amusing.

All of the overpaid "veterans" are here for a singular purpose.

There is not a one of them that I care is back on the roster next year, including our overrated safeties.

But we can't replace them all, can we.

I'm pretty sure we can get blown out with CFL and Arena league stand ins without spending all that money.

Cutler was barely touched tonight and our Running Game finally showed some sign of life. The last thing I would blame is the offensive line, this might have been their best game of the year.

You were watching a different game. Peppers almost assassinated Cutler on the one play and Cutler was hurried and hit all night long.

You were watching a different game. Peppers almost assassinated Cutler on the one play and Cutler was hurried and hit all night long.
He had sufficient time to run the offense tonight. I didn't say this was an all pro performance tonight, I said it was improved. Continue to blindly hate the o-line if you must but zero sacks allowed against this defense is a good night.

i think thats what our fans lose sight of. we're so used to seeing pressure that when our qbs get .75 secs to throw the ball vs .5 we consider that adequate. tonight was par for the course. we faced a top 5 D and got dominated. i swear i heard them say on espn pregame our coach said this was the right matchup at the right time for our offense. did he really say that?

Oline was solid. Still have room to improve. Penalties in key situations are what’s killer with them. But they were better today. Intrigued to see how Jesse Davis finishes off at RT.

Andre branch is absolutely useless and I really do like Kiko but he stinks.

When we drafted X Howard i was livid about it because i had watched him a play a bunch and wasn't a fan. I kid of warmed up to him last season but shouldn't have. He's still a tight hipped overly handsy CB who routinely gets beaten by 3'rd and 4'th wr's.

It's also kind of a joke that we leave Suh in for close to 90% of the snaps. I understand he's being paid and needs to stay on the field but how do you expect a guy to have enough gas at the end of games to be effective when our D has been on the field for 70% of the game.

Andre branch is absolutely useless and I really do like Kiko but he stinks.

When we drafted X Howard i was livid about it because i had watched him a play a bunch and wasn't a fan. I kid of warmed up to him last season but shouldn't have. He's still a tight hipped overly handsy CB who routinely gets beaten by 3'rd and 4'th wr's.

Devante parker isn't a number 1,

That qb tape was horrid

Out of his first 10 throws 8 were dog ****

Dog ****

His best throw was a stop route to stills on a 3rd down.

He had about 5 quality throws and left a ton of plays on the field.

Lead Landry into a damn hit he’s damn lucky he didnt break ribs on threw Julius Thomas on a open 6 into the damn boundary. He threw him into the damn sideline

It’s trash qb play and it’s the worst unit on the team

He is has been horrid and his statline does not show how bad he actually is.
He has a hard time hitting a damn runningback on a short pass

Hmmm. Post game thoughts...

I really like our receivers.

Thomas is becoming more involved and it's both positive and negative.

I like Kenyan Drake.

Kiki Alonso is our worst linebacker

Bobby Mcain is the Dolphins most improved player

McDonald looked good.

Our Oline needs to be addressed.

I miss Tannehill.

I wonder how much different our defense would look with Raekwon McMillan.

Fins up guys

There's 3 guarantees in life. The sun rising, death, and the Dolphins losing. I can say that because the last time they won a playoff game I was 7.

It is what it is I suppose. I'm just used to it. I hardly watched the game.

* The Dolphins should have played Notre Dame

* This team has no good games. It's been more or less that simple in 2017. It's either ineptitude, or willingness to get lucky late if the opponent allows it. Very confounding for me because this league is set up to enable teams to have very distinct high energy games for 60 minutes.

* I'm not a Reshad Jones fan. Tonight all the reasons were there. Jones was completely baffled and intimidated by Christian McCaffrey. The pivotal moment of the game was the possession after the stupid Cutler interception with 40 seconds remaining in the first half. As Sean McDonough pointed out before the play, the 3rd down snap was massive because it would lead to a field goal attempt and manageable 13-7 deficit, or a dagger touchdown and 17-7. Jones completely butchered that third down read and it was like Cam Newton knew it would happen. He didn't even bother to look off Jones. McCaffrey ran a harmless swing route to the left with his back to the goal line as he headed toward the sideline at the 5. He was covered and no threat at all. But instead of competent instincts and playing it correctly inside-out, Jones panicked and headed toward the sideline to double team McCaffrey. He didn't do anything to take away the slant. It was like he had no idea a slant was available even though it was smack in his area. Jones realized his gaffe after a few steps and awkwardly turned his body, finding no-mans land and covering nobody. Simple touchdown.

On the swing pass touchdown in the third quarter, McCaffrey blocked Jones first and Howard second, taking them both out of the play. Then Jones wanted no part of a later touchdown run as he meekly allowed McCaffrey to wall him off inside the 5 yard line, making no attempt to stop the play short. Granted, by that point the defense had quit.

* No NFL team is as bad as the down points make it appear, but our team simply lacks great players or anyone who owns that potential. That's why it continues as the most boring stretch in franchise history.

* Maybe I'll get a cheap ticket for the finale hosting Buffalo on December 31. I haven't been to a game in years since I refuse to pay more than 30 or 35 bucks. This result could drop it down to that territory

Back
Top Bottom