Post Game Thoughts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts

Did anyone catch Cutler screaming at Landry for being in the wrong spot last night? Landry was in motion, and Cutler let him have it as he was passing him.

Found that interesting in light of the “studying the playbook” comments from Gase.

Yep. Landry is pretty obviously one of the players not putting the work in off the field. He's talented, but that type of stuff ultimately hurts the team. Along with his unnecessary holding call on a great play by Williams.

Did anyone catch Cutler screaming at Landry for being in the wrong spot last night? Landry was in motion, and Cutler let him have it as he was passing him.

Found that interesting in light of the “studying the playbook” comments from Gase.
I lmao off when I saw it.

Not a win, but I was pleasantly surprised with Cutler's play last night. He had good command of the offense and made some decent throws. I liked how he tried to move latterly in the pocket instead of backing up and throwing off his back foot. Like a lot of other offenses, it's obvious our Achilles heal is 3rd and long, so those bone headed holding calls on Landry and Pouncey really hurt because our defense gave us great field position. Overall, I see improvement, but we sure have a lot of work to do.

P.S. After listening and really enjoying Romo teaching me a bunch of stuff that was happening during the Cowboys/Chiefs game, I couldn't stand Michaels and Collinsworth coverage of our game. It was like I was watching NBC Sporting News instead of a Dolphins game. It seemed like they had a story and wanted to talk about everything except what was happening on the field. It was way to commercialized for my liking.

I think coaching is playing a part of the oline woes. You can almost guarantee everybody on the line is going to get their one bone head penalty during the game, like clockwork. A coked up line coach and now Gase has to devote his time to babysit the team and make sure everyone is doing their home work, toss in a brand new oline coach. You see no discipline.

Speaking of penalties, we got hosed on some at key points. That Raiders personal foul that the Raiders olineman got for joking around was the most laughable. I guess we were due a payback personal foul to even it out, i.e. Reshad.

We'll never be able to compete if the qb can't throw an accurate pass past 15 yards. We expected too much from this team with backup qb's, there lies the frustration. It seems to be bleak at this point. There's not much hope other winning against the hapless Bucs, that so many predicted to be a contender this year. Feels like the Philbin years now, just wanting to see the young guys get playing time.

Also, Gase your demeanor on the sideline is getting tiresome. You look like a spoiled teenage girl who stomps her feet when she doesn't get her way. We know your frustrated but how about a little more fire and enthusiasm rather than pouting.

Last edited:
Also have to add to “post game thoughts”....Jakeem Grant is useless. And I have to question Gase & Rizzi for continuing to use him on punts and kickoff returns. This guy just doesn’t understand that the NFL changed the rules and a touchback starts at the 25 yard line. On punt returns, he refuses to understand that running straight ahead and picking up an easy 10 yards is much better than running sideways or backwards.

He has done nothing positive in 8 games. When is enough enough, Gase?

I agree with most the write except the opinion on McCain. An example is when the Raiders had a third down. The play was for McCain to peel off his man because they had coverage on the receiver his was covering and he was in perfect position to pick the ball off because Carr did not see him. Instead of being instinctive he waited. Completed pass. Collingsworth correctly said the coordinator called the correct d. It just wasn't executed. That sums up McCain.

I don't know, I saw Carr make some bad throws and throwaways because of pressure. I also saw a strip sack at midfield.

Offense was set up at midfield twice and failed to do anything. Drake’s fumble at the 20 prevented Miami from going up 10-11 points too. They failed a lot in this game even after looking the best they have all year.

Also have to add to “post game thoughts”....Jakeem Grant is useless. And I have to question Gase & Rizzi for continuing to use him on punts and kickoff returns. This guy just doesn’t understand that the NFL changed the rules and a touchback starts at the 25 yard line. On punt returns, he refuses to understand that running straight ahead and picking up an easy 10 yards is much better than running sideways or backwards.

He has done nothing positive in 8 games. When is enough enough, Gase?

Agreed. I think that because the refs usually call holding on the receiving team that if it is kicked into the endzone we should just down it.

Thomas does suck. He has no right to be on the field on Defense. I watched him most of the night to see what was up and was very disappointed.

Gase does seem to be over his head. He needs to get an offensive coordinator here ASAP.

There does seem to be a double standard on the team as far as players the coach likes and what he will tolerate. Landry has been exposed in multiple games now as not knowing the correct play, yet he remains. This could have bad mojo in the locker room if Gase keeps getting rid of players who don't study and he keeps playing Juice.

Thomas does suck. He has no right to be on the field on Defense. I watched him most of the night to see what was up and was very disappointed.

Gase does seem to be over his head. He needs to get an offensive coordinator here ASAP.

There does seem to be a double standard on the team as far as players the coach likes and what he will tolerate. Landry has been exposed in multiple games now as not knowing the correct play, yet he remains. This could have bad mojo in the locker room if Gase keeps getting rid of players who don't study and he keeps playing Juice.

I've noticed that too, saw him ask Fasano at least twice to tell him the play.

That Raiders personal foul that the Raiders olineman got for joking around was the most laughable. I guess we were due a payback personal foul to even it out, i.e. Reshad.

Yeah the Jones penalty was bad but it wasn't even the worst in this game let alone the worst in the history of all sport.

I've been trying to come up with a way to describe the Gase pout, I like yours but its not specific enough. Could be thread worthy. But I'm sick of him touting himself as a bag of emotions along with Landry and Ajayi. Remember a few weeks back the announcer was saying Gase was saying him Landry and Ajayi all need to help keep each other in check as far as being too emotional. How'd that work out? First of all all I see from Gase is a range between straight face angry and pout face angry. Second of all Rizzi is the most emotional guy on the team and it isn't even close.

You're welcome, but I don't know that any of this qualified as analysis. I just thought I'd spitball my post game hot takes, because having one thread for spitballing post game hot takes is a lot more fun for me to read than having to sift through like 20 of them.

As for Ajayi and Drake and Williams, all I can say is that we're going to have another 8 games in which a handful people pop out of the woodwork to be schweens and post super snarky comments any time any of these players does something (or fails to do something), and I really just don't care about those three that much. Our offense sucked with Ajayi and it'll probably suck with Kenyan Drake.

I like what I saw out Of Drake and Williams. Ill excuse the fumble for total lack of non touches.
I want to see Drake/Perry used for running 90% of time and Williams be a situational back.
No sustained rushing attempts by Williams. its painful to watch

move tunsil back to guard. He is not good at LT. I would consider moving him to LG and putting the kid who replaced him in the Jets game at LT. Then, Larsen, Bushrod, and Davis fight for RG.

Pouncey may want to play, but those penalties smell like lack of practice time to me.

Until the OL gets fixed, teams are going to play Press and bring pressure. It has hamstrung the offense.

Now a positive, Gase slowed down the rush by leaking the RBs and getting them the ball. It looked to me like that was the “addition by subtraction” Gase was talking about. Ajayi couldn’t do that.

This was the least disjointed that the offense has felt all season.

Back
Top Bottom