Post Super Bowl Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Super Bowl Mock

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
One of the most impressive things about this super bowl was the play of the tight ends. Neither team had any answer for stopping Gronk or Ertz. That leads me to this thought. Miami not only doesn't have a quality tight end, but the team doesn't have the personnel to stop one. So that's kind of my thinking heading into the draft.

1. Derwin James, S, Florida State --- James might be the best guy available to match-up with the Gronk's of the world. He's played all over at Florida State giving Miami a lot of versatility. Roquan Smith would work as well, but I doubt Miami goes with an undersized linebacker at #11. Plus, he is limited to weakside only IMO.

2. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State --- It's not a great year for tight ends, but there are a few really intriguing guys. If Goedert makes it to the second round that would be great value here. Mark Andrews is another possibility, but I think he goes late first. There could be some tempting running backs here as well. Both Georgia RB's would be hard to pass up.

3. Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State--- I think Baker is getting overlooked a bit. Miami could move Alonzo to MLB for a season and put Baker at WLB.

4. Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas --- Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. I hope Miami solidifies the offensive line in free agency with a starting guard/center type.

4. Chad Thomas, DE, Miami --- This might be a bit optimistic as Thomas seems to be moving up. I think he's a good developmental guy at DE for the Dolphins.

6. Bo Scarborough, RB, Alabama -- I keep seeing him mocked this late so maybe there's a chance. I think he'll likely end up going in the 4th. Scarborough would be the big back to complement Drake.

7. Shaquem Griffin, LB, USF --- I love this guy's story, but he's also a good football player. I think he goes late or undrafted.

Back
Top Bottom