Potential Cuts coming Throughout the NFL

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by motormouthmaz, Aug 31, 2017.

1. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

They have a d league already in arena football

2. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

NFL has nothing to do with Arena football. Just because there is an additional avenue for players doesn't mean it correlates as a D-league. Definitely not the same in terms of what can and should be done.

3. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

It's a place for the less talented skilled position players to go play. We don't need a league run by NFL of ****ty football

4. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

At the rate of turnover of college players not lasting in the NFL because they weren't properly prepared football wise to schemes and such, it says otherwise. Eventually the game is going to dry up due to less and less talent that results in "eh" games being shown on tv, $$$ earnings go down, etc. Last I checked, Arena football has some iffy rules and overall playing(I could be wrong but last time I ever gave Arena a quick glimpse on tv it was odd), so how does that help hone and sharpen their skills?

5. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

Everyone bitches preseason is too long and ups want to make a whole league of week 4 players? When would this league play? Xfl spent a fortune and folded. They can go play in Canada or arena now

6. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

It's long when you run the risk of 1st and 2nd string players getting hurt. Nobody is saying make a 16 week long league with playoffs or anything, perhaps two months long just to further expand the "4th stringers" as you call them into NFL schemes and the likes. As for when, there is tons of down time after season to develop something/a d-league, nobody is saying make a big deal of it, not so much for the fans but for the players that are on the fringe. Hell, even something like that would help the supplemental draft.

As for XFL, gimmick that never bothered watching, was shocked it even made it out of the brainstorm room and touched the field. It would never be the D-League trying to compete for ratings with the NFL(aka what the XFL and USFL did). Just ask yourself this, if you were a kid/young adult trying to crack the big league that is the NFL, would you rather be in the Arena league/CFL or in a D-League of the NFL where you know everything rule wise, scheme wise, etc.. is going to be along the lines if you make that move up to NFL?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Sons Of Shula likes this.