Potential Free Agent/ Trade Targets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Free Agent/ Trade Targets

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
RB Ahmad Bradshaw, WR Greg Jennigs, WR Dwayne Bowe, WR Mike Wallace, WR Percy Harvin, TE Jermichael Finley, TE Jared Cook, TE Dustin Keller, OT Brandon Albert, OT Andre Smith, OT Will Beatty, OG Louis Vasquez OG Andy Levitre, OG/C Evan Dietrich-Smith, DE Michael Johnson, DE Paul Kruger, DE Osi Umenyior, DE/LB Connor Barwin, DT Richard Seymour, DT Henry Melton, CB Darelle Revis, CB Derex Cox, CB Brent Grimes, CB Sam Shields, CB Chris Houston, S Jarius Byrd, S Dashon Goldson, S Ed Reed, S William Moore, S Louis Delmas, S Kenny Phillip

RB Ahmad Bradshaw, WR Greg Jennigs, WR Dwayne Bowe, WR Mike Wallace, WR Percy Harvin, TE Jermichael Finley, TE Jared Cook, TE Dustin Keller, OT Brandon Albert, OT Andre Smith, OT Will Beatty, OG Louis Vasquez OG Andy Levitre, OG/C Evan Dietrich-Smith, DE Michael Johnson, DE Paul Kruger, DE Osi Umenyior, DE/LB Connor Barwin, DT Richard Seymour, DT Henry Melton, CB Darelle Revis, CB Derex Cox, CB Brent Grimes, CB Sam Shields, CB Chris Houston, S Jarius Byrd, S Dashon Goldson, S Ed Reed, S William Moore, S Louis Delmas, S Kenny Phillip

Greg Jennings or Percy Harvin WR, DE Michael Johnson or DE Paul Kruger which i think is more of a LB, Andy Levitre, Chris Houston.

ahmad bradshaw, connor barwin, delanie walker, greg jennings would be my initial targets

Greg Jennings, Cliff Avril, and Jermichael Finley.

I'd like Jennings, Keller/Finley, Levitre, Cox and i'd love to try and pick up Ed Reed and either Johnson or maybe even Freeney for a season or two to partner Wake.

Assuming Dolphins should re-sign some of their own free agents:

S Chris Clemons
His duo with Reshad Jones is lifting up several eyebrows, and everything points he's coming back to Miami.
Potential replacements: Jones should return, but if something strange happens, Dolphins could go after injury plagued LaRon Landry.
Chance to return: 75%
My pick: Miami Dolphins

DT Randy Starks

The keystone for a solid run-defense, so unless his market price goes above 5.5 millions, he should return to Dolphins' roster in 2013.
Potential replacements: In case Starks became too expensive, Glenn Dorsey could find a second chance in Miami.
Chances to return: 50%

WR Brian Hartline
He has the talent to shine as WR2, and surely will be looking to extend his success. Currently his agent is being greedy but I think he will finish signing with Miami.
Potential replacements: It would be tragic if Hartline goes elsewhere (read New England), because Jeff Ireland could go crazy and start looking within a short list of expensive receivers: Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace & Wes Welker. But I assume there are effective and less expensive options like: Brandon Gibson, Julian Edelman or Kevin Ogletree.
Chance to return: 50%

CB Sean Smith
A situation player, skilled against strong physical receivers, but failed while covering speedy, route runners. The thing is Smith wants to be paid like top CB and Ireland wants him to sign an incentive landed contract.
Potential replacements: If Smith is firm on his price tag, that money could be used to add a quality CB like Derek Cox.
Chance to return: 35%
My pick: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TE Anthony Fasano
Anthony Fasano is one of Jeff Ireland's guys, his sure hands are welcomed by coaches, teammates and fans. But his ability to lose coverage on red zone has been questioned and there are several options to upgrade the spot. He could give important home-discount but with tight ends transforming into big salaries, Fasano could hear great offers from some teams.
Potential replacements: There are big names like Jared Cook & Todd Heap.
Chance to return: 35%
My pick: San Francisco 49ers

RB Reggie Bush

Once upon a time, tailbacks were considered candidates for top pick at every draft. Today with rules enforcing pass-offense, running backs are expandable and few teams are offering important contracts for them. Bush also has been questioned because he is an elusive guy not the prototypical a north/south runner.
Potential replacements: As today Jeff Ireland argues he'll try to use Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas as starters, but that could be part of the strategy to force Reggie to lower his contract. But in case Peyton Hillis gets a cheap offer from KC Chiefs, Ireland could see a fine replacement for questionable Daniel Thomas.
Chances to return: 25%
My pick: Cincinnati Bengals

OT Jake Long
The team loves his efforts, the GM loves his talent, but truth is 2008 top draft pick is in wrong situation in Miami. Jake Long is a massive, strong and heavy player that comes in the definition of "left tackle" but that's not the kind of player that Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman need to install a zone-block scheme with more agile men. Thus plus a series of injuries on his arms and knees are leading to part ways. The only way Long will continue wearing aqua and orange is taking a serious discount and a lesser role.
Potential replacements: Imminently, Jeff Ireland could focus on a right tackle assuming Jonathan Martin will have a full off-season to adjust in the left spot, so Gosder Cherilus could be the addition.
Chances to return: 10%
My pick: Cleveland Browns

So assuming Chris Clemons, Randy Starks and Brian Hartline are back, then my free-agent shopping list includes:

TE Jared Cook
Miami could add a pair of free-agent tight ends, including a big name like Jared Cook. That won't be cheap but Ireland could be giving this team an explosive weapon.

OT Gosder Cherilus
As told before Jake Long's days as Dolphin seems to be gone and Cherilus was an effective RT during 2012.

OG Andy Levitre
The top guard on free agency allows to focus on more shinning spots.

CB Derek Cox
Miami could add one CB to replace Sean Smith and another to fix the spot of former Dolphin Vontae Davis. So Derek Cox could be a shinning option.

CB Greg Toler
Every team needs to fill the roster and Toler is a serviceable CB.

WR Josh Cribbs
Cribbs should come cheap adding talent at both WR & ST.

Please note that as there's a salary cap none of the top three free agents at WR are compatible with my free agency shopping list, WR1 & OLB will come from draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like M.johnson, Jennings, finley, and maybe even reed. Oh and at least one o-lineman. Is it all possible I doubt it but it would sure be nice

if Long doesnt lower his demand, let him leave. Then, we need to make a big move for a rookie LT or Gosder Cherilus or Brendan Albert...and maybe move Martin to LT. I like Finley too, and another good CB. We get torched often in the defensive back field

I love this time of year.

There's just so many options ...

Everybody's 0-0

Let's see if we can assemble the right pieces this year.

My #1 guy is CB Keenan Lewis. I think he's a better get than any of the other FA corners, honestly.

We need to make add 2 starting big time FA.

I like Jennings or Harvin WR
Johnson DE or Kruger DE/OLB
Resign clemons S and Long OT
Let the draft do the rest.

WR Greg Jennigs, WR Dwayne Bowe, WR Mike Wallace
TE Jermichael Finley, TE Jared Cook, TE Dustin Keller
OG Andy Levitre, OG/C Evan Dietrich-Smith, OT Bryant McKinnie
DE Michael Johnson, DT Richard Seymour
CB Derex Cox, CB Brent Grimes, CB Sam Shields
S Jarius Byrd, S Ed Reed, S Kenny Phillip

My choices out of those listed

Back