Pouncey infection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey infection

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
just read an article that was discussing Pouncey's staph infection and it could risk life and limb. Added a sentence about "post antibiotic era". I have no inside info, but antibiotic resistant staph (MRSA) is much less likely than just staph. Far more likely this is just a regular infected hair follicle, boil, etc. should resolve with normal treatment.

From the PFT article - "Pouncey also reportedly had to be treated for a bacterial infection in his inner thigh, but that has cleared up".

just read an article that was discussing Pouncey's staph infection and it could risk life and limb. Added a sentence about "post antibiotic era". I have no inside info, but antibiotic resistant staph (MRSA) is much less likely than just staph. Far more likely this is just a regular infected hair follicle, boil, etc. should resolve with normal treatment.

Got a link to the article?

Thx

Got a link to the article?

Thx

The perennially troublesome hip wasn’t the only problem Pouncey dealt with this spring. According to a source, he also was in discomfort from a bacterial infection in his inner thigh, which has been treated.

The Dolphins inquired about free agent center Nick Mangold a while ago but have not called about him recently. Mangold, 33, is a seven-time Pro Bowler, as recently as 2015.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article158796034.html#storylink=cpy

Here is the Jackson one but I assume he is referring to a different article.

Medical science has come a long way lately. Is there any way stem cells or something could get Dwight Stephenson back on the field for us?

Joking ... joking .... well actually I'm only half-joking, as it would be phenomenal to get the greatest center of all time back on the field in front of Tannehill. Our OL would dominate if we had a Dwight Stephenson at the pivot.

Why are so many people trying so hard to take a positive story about Pouncey being on pace to be ready for the regular season into something negative?

I think because for several years now we have heard the same type of news and have read the same articles about Pouncey being ready for the start of the new year. And he hasn't been healthy in any of those cases.

I think people are at a wait and see with him and some see the writing on the wall with his injuries. People complain about Misi not being healthy and it's uunderstood, but bring up Pouncey and it's taboo. Pouncey is what he is, a injury prone player who used to be really good. It's probably time to move on.

Got a staph infection on my balls last year. Not a fun time.
This made me laugh hard because I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. Staph is rampant where the new age Bohemians live. They typically would rebel against antibiotics and evil western medicine. They'd wind up caking enough turmeric powder on the wound to resemble the Devil's Tower from Close Encounters.

I quickly imagined you doing the same with your balls and made myself laugh thinking your girl might get misdiagnosed and treated for, wait for it...vaginal jaundice. XD

This is why we need another center in the worst way.

I couldn't agree more. The single Staph Infection Center of Miami is simply not enough. A sister center needs to be approved, it's just a matter of finding the money in the budget.

Stem cells must've chased Pouncey's clap into his legs. I wonder if I drank some stem cells, would they eradicate the last vestiges of gonnorhea that are seemingly cryogenically frozen at the tip of my "Hoth system"? Those things seemingly unfreeze like Han Solo every ...well, about every time they release a new Star Wars film come to think of it...Huh, should've named it, "The gonnorhea strikes back", "Return of the Clap" or "Antibiotics:A New Hope".
Anyway, I think we can all agree that Hand Solo would be an appropriate character considering he's traveling with a big hairy dude named Chewie...and hot for a power hungry overbearing ****-3PO

Back
Top Bottom