Pouncey Is Our Best Lineman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey Is Our Best Lineman

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Right from the horses mouth. Someone asked Gase if James has been the best and he said no it's been Pouncey. Do you think he believes that and we have no clue what we're looking at or is it true?

Would it be a huge surprise if he's been our best? It's not like any of them have been stellar. Him being best of that bunch isn't an indictment that he's actually good. Just means he's slightly better crap than the rest.

I guess when you put it that way it's no surprise. Just the majority of the site says he's done and Gase does nothing, since day one, but rave about how good he is.

I am (was) a huge Pouncey fan, thought the man was on the list of untouchables...that has changed, he is being paid way too much money, while not being nearly as effective as he used to be.

I think while Gase was saying "Pouncey is our best Linemen," inside his head, the is, was replaced with was, and at the end of the season he will be evaluated, he will given an option of restructured salary, or gone... that is if they actually want him back.

From the same person "Gase" who said, "Bushrod was our best lineman last year"

Yikes. I hope he doesn't actually believe that. Certainly from a leadership and work ethic standpoint maybe, but from what I've seen Pouncey just can't move people anymore. I haven't seen all the games and it's hard to isolate on offensive lineman, but does anyone else see something else?

I know the guard play next to Pouncey is downright awful so that has to be taken into account.

That certainly says something about the rest of them.

Regardless of what he means, Gase has no business talking Pouncey up. The guy doesn't even practice and on game day he's doing nothing on the run game. I like Gase but if he keeps Pouncey after this year then I lost all faith on him. We need 5 healthy and hungry guys up front once and for all.

Ozzy rules!!

He did mention Ja'Wuan James too. He just said Pouncey has been the most consistent one in terms of doing good things.

Not sure I agree with that last part but it is a concern that Tunsil has been so underwhelming at LT. We already knew our guards would be an issue, but Laremi was supposed to be our best guy by far.

Gase strikes me as someone who likes whomever is actually paying attention to his pep talks.
Pouncey wants another year or two so of course he's the teachers pet.

Back
Top Bottom