Pouncey making ROY push? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey making ROY push?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Offensive linemen don't win that award,however if anyone should ever it'd be Pouncey. I honestly saw 3 of the 4 games this year,and haven't facepalmed once

Hope he keeps it up.

Pouncey and Fields are our Mvp's so far this year , How depressing!,Pouncey looks like the real deal!

And yet some of the more uninformed members of FH have referred to Pouncey as just a 'decent player' in their lame attempts to attack Jeff Ireland's procurement of talent.
Ireland may have made some mistakes, but Pouncey isn't one of them

This Pouncey guy, is he the same one that couldn't snap a ball in college, the same high 'wasted No 15' draft pick of the fins, the same 'he is a guard, not a centre' Pouncey?

If this guy goes on to be an all pro, which he very well could, then No 15 wasn;t too high a spot after all.

Next offseason is huge to find two more O-linemen to add to this line. With Long and Pouncey, there are some lynchpins in place for a while. Hitting on another interior guy in the mid rounds will be huge. I would swing for the fences and snag a FA Right Tackle in FA.

As I said before, We still need to draft a LG, a RG and a RT on the first round. Just keep the same FO and coach and it will happen! Unfortunately by then Long will start to get old, so we can start all over.

That´s it! Why try and fail drafting a skill position on the first round when we can draft lineman and be safe?

C´mon guys. No matter how many Pro-Bowls Long has, he still wasn´t worth passing on Ryan.

As I said before, We still need to draft a LG, a RG and a RT on the first round. Just keep the same FO and coach and it will happen! Unfortunately by then Long will start to get old, so we can start all over.

That´s it! Why try and fail drafting a skill position on the first round when we can draft lineman and be safe?

C´mon guys. No matter how many Pro-Bowls Long has, he still wasn´t worth passing on Ryan.

Just because Ryan has done well in Atlanta, doesn't mean that he would have done well in Miami....

Amazing.

We are only scoring a single touchdown per game. Our pass defense is non-existant. We cant consistently get to the other teams quarterback. We haven't won a game and are legitimate contenders for the first overall pick in next years draft. Oh, and our starting quarterback was (probably) knocked out for the year.

And yet, people still feel that center was the way to go because Pouncey is playing adequately. Despite him playing at a "rookie of the year level", we still cant win a game. Thats the impact of a center. Thats our 15th overall picks impact on this team.
"Safe" picks like Pouncey are the exact reason why we are in this mess.

Amazing.

We are only scoring a single touchdown per game. Our pass defense is non-existant. We cant consistently get to the other teams quarterback. We haven't won a game and are legitimate contenders for the first overall pick in next years draft. Oh, and our starting quarterback was (probably) knocked out for the year.

And yet, people still feel that center was the way to go because Pouncey is playing adequately. Despite him playing at a "rookie of the year level", we still cant win a game. Thats the impact of a center. Thats our 15th overall picks impact on this team.
"Safe" picks like Pouncey are the exact reason why we are in this mess.

what player could we have taken that has played as well as Pouncey has that would prevent us from being 0-4?

what player could we have taken that has played as well as Pouncey has that would prevent us from being 0-4?

Probably none would have allowed us to run the table.

But 1-3? Perhaps Ryan Kerrigan. Prince Amukamara. Maybe even Andy Dalton(who i did not like, but who is also a offensive rookie of the year contender).

Back
Top Bottom