Pouncey making ROY push? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey making ROY push?

Probably none would have allowed us to run the table.

But 1-3? Perhaps Ryan Kerrigan. Prince Amukamara. Maybe even Andy Dalton(who i did not like, but who is also a offensive rookie of the year contender).

Dalton would not be playing better than Henne right now. Kerrigan maybe?

but, guess what? you don't draft players to win the first 4 games of their rookie season! Pouncey is very very good.

fun fact: Henne and Dalton both have 4 TDs, 4 INTs and 868 yards passing. really makes you think......................or not.

but, guess what? you don't draft players to win the first 4 games of their rookie season! Pouncey is very very good.

fun fact: Henne and Dalton both have 4 TDs, 4 INTs and 868 yards passing. really makes you think......................or not.

Henne reached his peak, the same can´t be said about Dalton.

pounceys got no shot at oroy if cam newton keeps playin anywhere near the level he's playin thru 4 weeks...forget about it

what player could we have taken that has played as well as Pouncey has that would prevent us from being 0-4?

maybe Phil taylor or prince but really who cares one player is not goign to keep us from being 0-4 unless he is a helluva qb. maybe Mark Ingram would have here but has not been dominant yet,
pouncey has no chance at rookie fo the year, he is on a horrible team and nobody that votes for rookie of the year is going to pay that much attention to the line. So far its Came Newton in a runaway and its not even close although phil taylor is looking very good at a position that is also quite overlooked

If Pouncey keeps it up I will gladly admit that I was wrong about him playing center (although I still think he would be better at guard as we have multiple centers and nothing at LG), but I still don't necessarily think he was the best pick there.

IMO, with the way the interior o-line was after last year, grabbing a stud center was a smart pick.
settling on Colombo at RT? not so smart

Whether it was the right pick or not doesn't matter now, what matters is that at least he's playing his position at a high level. Having the 2 most important positions on an offensive line locked down with young talented players gives us an advantage when trying to lure a new hc and gm here. Those are 2 positions that won't have to be addressed for years (barring injury).

or till Big Jakes contract is up which I believe is 2013

he keeps playin the way he's playin right now and money won't be much of an issue with jake...right now he's gulp average at left tackle

This is year 4 of our same philosophy. And we still aren't winning. Oh, and we are drafting players that are expected to start right away. When we drafted Pouncey he was immediately named starter. So if they aren't expected to win right away, if the team isn't winning 4 years in, then at what point do you expect those players to perform well enough to win? Especially when those picks are "playing so great!"

Fun fact: Andy Dalton has won games this year. Chad Henne has not. And i would imagine a 2-2 record compared to a 0-4 record does make people think.

Pouncey could be the best center to ever play(he's not, hes not even the best center named Pouncey), and you are still seeing exactly what sort of impact that makes.

if andy dalton wins rookie of the year i'm orville redenbacher...

Cam Newton has OROY locked up.

Agreed. He's the best rookie QB I've ever seen. I've watched every snap he's taken so far, and it's been beyond impressive. He's where I thought he might be three years from now.

As for DROY, I would vote for JJ Watt but I think Von Miller is going to end up winning it. The guy has four sacks and two forced fumbles already.

Back
Top Bottom