Pouncey says the team got the message | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey says the team got the message

Well sorry for the misquote

No prob. I'm really excited to see how the team comes out on Sunday night. I think they will either come out with a vengeance and give us a great game, or things will get even worse. I'm not sure how things could get worse, so I'm guessing the former is much more likely.

"The way guys came out and practiced today, the attention to detail was awesome. If we want to win football games, that's the way we've got to practice the rest of the year."
- Mike Pouncey saw a nice vibe at practice.

The question is, why hadn't that been happening previously? The only answer I can surmise is that there is poor leadership among the players, they don't hold each other accountable, and so the head coach has to step in every year about this time and send a shockwave through the roster to get everybody to perform up to snuff.

Obviously that isn't ideal team functioning in the NFL. What it suggests is that there isn't a winning team culture cultivated by the players that sustains itself without any punitive intervention by the head coach.

In other words, "children" instead of men.

Pouncey said today that the locker room understands Gase means business, and players who want to remain in Miami had better buy in to what he’s doing.

“He said, ‘This is where we’re at, this is where we’re going to go; if you’re not on board, you’re going to be the hell out of there,’” Pouncey said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

“It sucks. It could be any one of us. Jay was really good to us,” Pouncey said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-pouncey-says-dolphins-got-211638204.html

"The way guys came out and practiced today, the attention to detail was awesome. If we want to win football games, that's the way we've got to practice the rest of the year."
- Mike Pouncey saw a nice vibe at practice.

"I have no true doubt in my mind that I will be here and that has been the plan all along."
- Jarvis Landry made it clear his goal is to remain with the Dolphins for the long term

"Anytime you lose, you get back to the basics, the fundamentals of things, and just try to get all the details right so we can execute on Sundays."
- Kenny Stills is looking to see how the team bounces back from the Baltimore loss.

"We had a lot of energy. Guys were flying around out there. We had a little mini bye, so guys were a little fresher. It was good to be out there finally after this long weekend and have a little fun."
- Jarvis Landry liked the energy at practice.

"We're all professional athletes. We're here for one reason and that's to play football. Whenever we show up on Sunday or whatever day the game is on, you need to be fully prepared."
- Mike Pouncey said he and his teammates understand the need to be prepared.

http://m.miamidolphins.com/news/art...-Oakland/b7afdec5-1dcb-41c7-96ca-2474f1f19d3e

Pouncey without practice is worse than Pouncey not playing at all. He needs to practice with the players.

Most of these guys are overpayed kids relying on their natural skill set to get by in life. They seldom get called out and with all the money they make these days they have agents that pamper them constantly feeding their egoes. So its hard for a coach or anyone to get through. I believe all of this is to little to late and when the wheels come completely off there will be nothing left but finger pointing. Winning creates confidence and loosing creates apathy.

Most of these guys are overpayed kids relying on their natural skill set to get by in life.

I have a hard time believing that 53 "MEN" on a squad are only relying on their athleticism (natural skill) to get by in life.
Not everyone is a Tom Brady that will play until he is 45. Their average NFL career will last between 1 to 5 years.
In High School, teachers motivate their students.... So coaches with great leadership skills should be able to motivate their players as well.

Of all games on the schedule, every year or every other year….you should not need motivation to play the Ravens.

The Ravens kick our ****** every year, so for you to let them put up a 40 burger on you is inexcusable.

Cleveland puts up more fight than this team when we play on national TV.

40 - 0? The Miami Dolphins? If I were Shula I might have rode my golf cart on over to Davie the next day and spit on everyone's car after that display.

How many messages does this team need? It seems like they "need a message" every damn year to start playing, whether it was firing Philbin, cutting the turnstiles last year midseason, or trading Ajayi.

More talk.....so sick of hearing all the talk over and over again. Go win some football games.

Yeah they all got the message. Now let's see what they do with it out on the field

Ozzy rules!!

I have a hard time believing that 53 "MEN" on a squad are only relying on their athleticism (natural skill) to get by in life.
Not everyone is a Tom Brady that will play until he is 45. Their average NFL career will last between 1 to 5 years.
In High School, teachers motivate their students.... So coaches with great leadership skills should be able to motivate their players as well.
You would like to think so. The guys that make it are the cream of the crop in a billion dollar sport and are being catered to by a lot of folks whom only have their self interest in mind. That in itself would be hard for many adults to handle well enough kids fresh out of college. Plus this thing about coaching at the NFL level has changed drastically as practices have been scaled down, plus the political correctness of what a coach can say now as opposed to Shulas time has changed. Just not as many tools to catch these kids attention as there used to be.

Back
Top Bottom