Pouncey still struggling with snaps, please sign O'hara | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey still struggling with snaps, please sign O'hara

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
While first-round pick Pouncey was drawing favorable comparisons to his Steelers All-Pro twin brother, Maurkice, for his blocking and intelligence, his struggles snapping the ball were an ongoing concern as camp progressed. Mike Pouncey, who moved to center as a senior at Florida after his brother left early, had some nightmarish games on shotgun snaps with the Gators and clearly doesn’t have the technique down yet.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/30732/camp-confidential-miami-dolphins-2

I think we should sign O'hara and kick Pouncey to LG and move incognito to RG, kick carey back out to RT and let him and colombo duke it out.

LT Long, LG Pouncey, C O'hara, RG Icognito, RT Carey

Have i been asleep for the past 3 weeks or is this the first time i hear about Pouncey struggling with snaps. Sounds bogus to me.

Have i been asleep for the past 3 weeks or is this the first time i hear about Pouncey struggling with snaps. Sounds bogus to me.

It is bogus.

Out of the many snaps a DAY Pouncey gets, he will mess up 1 and that is the snap they focus on talking about how he is struggling. It is a misguided and biased opinion on his snapping issues.

people overreacting as usual, pouncey is fine at center. We drafted a center in the first round and that is what he is going to play for us, period.

Pouncey has had some bad snaps in camp, but it is more to do with being a rookie center and not so much a technique issue. Armando and Omar have mentioned a couple of times, but when someone asked Armando how many bad snaps he had all training camp, he said he could count the number on one hand. That means 5 or less of his snaps have been problematic.

Really, the whole snapping issue is completely overblown. His struggles at Flordia was in the first couple of games in his senior season after he moved from guard to center. It was a non issue by the end of the year after he got used to the position.

Now, could Pouncey move to guard for this season? Perhaps, and Jeff Darlington actually mentioned today that might happen here very soon. Has nothing to do with Pouncey or snapping concerns, but more so about concerns with Colombo and Carey on the right side. If either of those continue to struggle tonight, the Dolphins sound like they are prepared to sign O'hara, put him at center, move Pouncey to right guard and likely move Carey back to RT. We shall see.

As for Pouncey and snapping concerns, there are none.

It is bogus.

Out of the many snaps a DAY Pouncey gets, he will mess up 1 and that is the snap they focus on talking about how he is struggling. It is a misguided and biased opinion on his snapping issues.

Correct. Out of the many snaps he does in a day the one or two he misses on are the ones that get tweeted and thrown on Finheaven to set in the panic mode.

He messed up a snap yesterday! We should cut the bum, how dare he!!! I heard D.Thomas missed a blocking assignment, I guess he too should be on the chopping block.

Good news is R.Mallett threw a pick 6 yesterday, yes the great Ryan Mallett! So obviousily BB won't stand for that and he'll cut him right away, we can pick him up to play center, I hear he never messes up his snaps.

He snaps more balls in practice per day than he would in a NFL game, of course he'll mess up occasionally. **** happens, he's still young, & Its only his 2nd year a C.

He'll be fine.

And isn't it concerning O'Hara is still jobless. Especially with all the holes at C, hell look at the Bears.

He is still w/o a job for a reason.

I was about to say, that bum Donald Thomas is already chopped

I'm about our new D.Thomas at RB! In other words let's crucify every player that makes a mistake because here in imaginary land no one can make a mistake and learn they all must be punished or at the very least we can use their mistake as a way to blame the FO for not drafting the player they wanted instead.

I completely agree, mainly because that gets Columbo off of our starting line. We've got to do something, if the line doesn't come together, we are in for a horribly long season.

Back
Top Bottom