Pouncey wants to be released | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey wants to be released

Not hard to replace someone who is never on the field. Been bad since 2014 and on minus a decent 2015 season. Last year was complete trash. He is done no matter where he goes. Thank you for the good years though.

Watch the national media now act like we just lost the best center in the league. Hilarious, really.

There's definitely a plan in place because they're asking players strategically to take pay cuts and restructure their deals. And I guess anybody not on board for that plan they are given the opportunity to seek it elsewhere.

The thing about all these guys is that they're Alpha personalities and think they are worth a number they have come up with in their head. And if Pouncey thinks his is over 7 million good luck getting that on the open market.

Report: Dolphins parting ways with Pouncey
6478.jpg

Dolphins released C Mike Pouncey.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Pouncey requested his release, and the Dolphins will acquiesce on Thursday. This is something of a surprising development. Pouncey has serious health concerns and is coming off a down season, but he was still one of Miami's best offensive linemen. The move saves the Dolphins $7 million against the cap, but it opens up another big hole on the interior of their offensive line.

Ozzy rules!!

couldnt ever support a guy that takes up for ppl like Hernandez, and cant stay healthy. plus the guy hasnt been good in what 3 years

I've been dying for this overpaid relic of his former self to take a permanent hike. Let's build a young, athletic, tough O-Line and let them play together for a long time building cohesion and gelling into a quality unit. Tunsil and James are your Tackles, Larsen at Center for now, Brendal can play also, RG is Davis and LG is a monster draft pick. That's it, grab the best TE and RB you can draft and the offense is ready to score some points.

Thank goodness. Parting ways with one of the most overrated centers in the league. He's not his twin.

The center we should go after is Ryan Jensen. Young, makes lines calls, & plays with a mean streak. I'm sure he & Kiko can make up.

Back
Top Bottom