Practice Updates 8/29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Updates 8/29

construction-worker-lunchbox-thermos_f068869b-5662-408b-898c-eba019f673ec_2048x2048.jpg

Cutler is going to throw a lot of deep balls everywhere.

Hopefully it results in touchdowns and not a lot of picks.

He has got a Matt Moore mindset with top 5 arm talent and better pocket presence than anything we have seen around here in a while. He is going to have interceptions but hopefully he can be better than 2 to 1. 32 to 14 would be incredible. Offensive line can't be a disaster obviously.

The one thing that was obvious when Cutler was with the Bears, when he was forcing it into coverage, he usually targeted his best receiver. I have no problem with forcing the ball to Parker if nobody else is open.

Suh kicking FG and extra points?
So, we a need FG to tie and a TD to win; lined up at the 2 yrd line. Do you fake a FG and just let Suh run it in?

Hayes does an excellent job of getting his hands in the air. After Phillips probably the most prolific at it on the dline. Both have a good feel for throwing lanes and when they can't get there timeliness of getting in the air.

He also bench presses tackles in the run game. Didn't fit las scheme any more absolute steal for Miami.

The one thing that was obvious when Cutler was with the Bears, when he was forcing it into coverage, he usually targeted his best receiver. I have no problem with forcing the ball to Parker if nobody else is open.

Jus throw it high all I'm gonna ask. Otherwise we are gonna have pre snap single coverage looks turn into opposite side safeties or drop lbs undercutting his balls. This is a qb that you can sit on his head and eyes post snap. Easier to do when you get behind the sticks.

Last edited:
Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 5m5 minutes ago
Telling: William Hayes said J. Phillips has competed harder, been a "total different player" since earlier demotion:

Asked if he believes he still can win the starting job, Phillips said: “That was never a question in my mind. So yeah....I felt like this was my best preseason, training camp, everything. I've been sticking to the grind.”

So where has he improved?

“I'm just playing harder, honestly,” he said. “Everything is coming together.”

Phillips said losing 19 pounds, from 347 earlier this offseason to 328 now, has helped.

“I feel good, that's all that matters,” he said. “This offseason I came in heavy at 347. Training camp out here you're going to lose weight. It wasn't hard [to lose weight]. I knew it was going to come off. My joints are a little bit better. Moving around well. Can play longer faster.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article169973212.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom