Pre-season away game events in Minneapolis ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-season away game events in Minneapolis ?

dwomer

Rookie
Reaction score
Taking my 11 year old son to his first Dolphins game.

We are from Iowa and attending the Vikings pre-season game on Aug. 31st.

Are there any pre-game activities scheduled ?

Any chances for him to get an autograph ?

Thanks,

Could help you for the games in Miami but not sure about up there.

I am moving this to the main forum so others that live up there can help.

I am also taking my son to his first Dolphins game in Minneapolis. Also from Iowa. Not sure what is planned for events. I work with a bunch of Vikings guys. They told me that it is not a hostile crowd and it is a steep stadium, so you'll see the field easy enough.

Small world! I'm going to this game and I'm taking my Dad (he never gets to go out and do stuff like this and He's taken me to my fair share of Phins games as well). We won't be able to do much for pre game activities but if there is anything available I'd love to join.

Also if nothing else, our group of attendees ought to meet up at a bar/restaurant near the stadium. I'm not too familiar with The Cities but I have friends that practically live there (concerts/school) that can offer some good advice. I'll post here later today if I hear of any awesome suggestions.

If you guys ever find yourself in Western Wisconsin around game time, John's Bar in downtown LaCrosse is a cool bar with Phin Phriendly staff/owner. If there are any questions that I might be able to help with, feel free to PM me

Another point that I forgot about. As far as autographs, I went to a pre season game in Miami one year and got Chris Chambers autograph. I ran up to the sideline area after the game and saw the punter (Fields I think) and a few other guys hanging near the 50yard line area. There is hope but hard to call since it is an away game.

If you see a big hairy guy with a 'Jew fro' wearing a Cutler Jersey (if it comes in time) then come and say Hello! A simple "fins up!" Or "Cutler sucks" should be enough to strike up a conversation LOL

We'll be a party of 3.

All jerseys will be throwbacks. I refuse to wear the new stuff.

We'll be easy to spot. My son will be wearing a Wake jersey.

Dad will be wearing a Morrall jersey.

Mine is a Den Herder jersey.

I expect Dad and I will be sporting the only Morrall and Den Herder jerseys in Minnesota.

Taking my 11 year old son to his first Dolphins game.

We are from Iowa and attending the Vikings pre-season game on Aug. 31st.

Are there any pre-game activities scheduled ?

Any chances for him to get an autograph ?

Thanks,

I'm going to the game as well. I'm going with my 3 college roommates. two of us are fins fans and two are queens fans.

I live about 5 minutes from the stadium and went to the Giants game last year. My wife is a queens fan and her best friend's husband does the music during the games so she goes all the time. The new stadium is pretty damn sweet. Like a poster said before the stadium is built pretty steep, almost like a hockey arena, and there really are no bad views. (Unless a DAPL protestor repels lol). Parking is pretty easy but leaving can be a bitch because there is gonna be no good way to leave with the 94 tunnel being under construction. My advice to you is find a lot that has quick access to 35w or hwy 55. Trust me it's better to walk a few extra blocks than get caught in the quagmire that is US Bank traffic.

For pregame they set up a longhouse outside on the pavillion. It has live music a beer ground and a kidzone.

Most of the fans a pretty cool. Although I did get thrown out from the Metrodome once for punching a guy in the face at a Vikes/Bears game once lol.

If your going to eat there get an R Taco or an Ike's Steak Sandwich. If the kid needs a treat take him to the State Fair stand .

It might not be very hard to autographs. It's the 4th preseason game and you know most, if not all, of the starters will be out this game. They could be signing them before, during and after the game right behind the bench.

We'll be a party of 3.

All jerseys will be throwbacks. I refuse to wear the new stuff.

We'll be easy to spot. My son will be wearing a Wake jersey.

Dad will be wearing a Morrall jersey.

Mine is a Den Herder jersey.

I expect Dad and I will be sporting the only Morrall and Den Herder jerseys in Minnesota.

You'll be surprised how many Fin fans are at the game. We always show up well when they play in Minneapolis.

I wasn't sure if it would work out, but it did and I just got tickets for the game! See you all there. Fins up!!
Just a heads up for any fans in the area, there are still lots of tickets and they are cheap with some as low as $8!

Back
Top Bottom