Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time"

People that understand the game don't look at blind #s, mark 2010 was significantly better than Ryan 2013. Ryan may end up being better and he's certainly better than mark was last year but he also has more weapons than mark ever had.

More weapons? WTF you talking about? Only weapon according to most talking heads Tannehill had was Wallace. Clay and Hartline were considered sub par when the season started and everyone said the team was doomed when Keller got injured. Gibson has been Injured.
And the RBs leave much to be desired.

Jets of 2010 had Greene and Tomlinson as RBs a set of WRs in Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery, and a TE with Keller aboard. Not to mention the O-line was way better than Miami has had this whole season.

So don't give us all this garbage of how Tannehill has more weapons, cause that's just plain ignorant.

They have pretty much nailed you on TGG:
1. If Sanchez put up those numbers vs PBurgh and lost you'd have raved about his stats
2. If Sanchez put up those numbers vs PBurgh and won, you'd have raved about his stats
3. If Sanchez loses a game it's because of his poor supporting cast (even blaming the D for allowing an opponent all of 14pts in a loss )
4. If any other QB wins a game, it's because of their supporting cast
5. If any other QB loses a game, it's despite their supporting cast.
6. Rex will end up with 4 out of 5 non-winning seasons (when playing opposing starters) yet it's not his fault due to what he has to work with
7. yet Tannenbaum was a good GM, despite what he gave Rex to work with.

Your excuse-making spin is so recognizable on TGG, I'm just surprised it's taken so long for some to figure you out here. The irony is that you are the biggest homer on both boards .

2ppg16r-1.jpg
You hit the nail right on ex head the man... Right on the head. June is great at twisting and turning any argument to his side and so obvious when he does you can touch it. It's very tangible. He still clings on to a season that happened three years ago and tries to myopically incorporate them into a debate, using old and outdated statistics. You don't need statistics to see tannehill is light years ahead of where buttfumble was in his second year. Junc will always try to argue against, but will always be unsuccessful and annoying

I don't trust my eyes when they're looking at something I desperately want to see (Tannehill's success).

If you can't SEE the difference between EVERY post-Marino Dolphins QB and Ryan Tannehill with your own eyes, then it's no wonder you are so reliant on stats.

If you can't SEE the difference between EVERY post-Marino Dolphins QB and Ryan Tannehill with your own eyes, then it's no wonder you are so reliant on stats.
I rely on them for confirmation or disconfirmation of what I believe I'm seeing, similar to the NFL referee who uses instant replay to confirm or disconfirm what he believed he saw, or to find out there's no conclusive evidence either way.

if you actually read I haven't said anything negative. Remember, when you guys went through that losing streak and everyone was jumping ship it was MYSELF that was pumping everyone up telling him there is a long way to go.

I said Ryan was GREAT on Sunday b/c he was, he was NOT the 2 weeks prior despite excellent #s and you know this as well.

15 fans doesn't = everyone.:err:

People that understand the game don't look at blind #s, mark 2010 was significantly better than Ryan 2013. Ryan may end up being better and he's certainly better than mark was last year but he also has more weapons than mark ever had.

I think you meant to write this: "Ryan is significantly better in 2013 than Mark was in 2010", because the way you wrote it doesn't make any sense.

You can jabber on and on about stats all you want, but you cannot succeed in this league if you have accuracy issues. Sanchez has a career 55% completion ratio and he was BELOW 55% in his "best" season (2010). That is while having a running game with play action passes and a watered down offense to protect him. Sanchez is a bust. Get over it.

4 seasons is enough to paint a picture of Sanchez's capabilities:

1. Inaccurate - 55% completions
2. Poor decision maker - 68 TDs/ 69 INTs
3. Panics under pressure - butt fumble

Tannehill is currently significantly better in all phases of the game than Sanchez ever projected to be.

Surprising although nice to hear Prisco give our 'Boys props. I live here in Jax where Prisco happens to be,and as far back as I can remember...he's always seemed Anti-'Fin(like ESPN). But it's not just Tanny that's been growing/jelling/maturing. It's our entire team. Even with all of our distractions,and patchwork line,we're growing right before our eyes. Yes,I hope we make it...but I'm happy nonetheless from what I've seen already. Like in Heartbreak Ridge....."WE IMPROVISED/WE ADAPTED/WE OVERCAME"!!! We're looking good,and we're just getting going. And props to the whole organization/Ross/Ireland/FO/Coaches/Players/and Staff for not breaking under the pressure of Martin/Cog/NFL/and media. We stood tall,and as "ONE"!!! THANKS COACH FOR KEEPING OUR TEAM IN ONE PIECE!!!

I rely on them for confirmation or disconfirmation of what I believe I'm seeing, similar to the NFL referee who uses instant replay to confirm or disconfirm what he believed he saw, or to find out there's no conclusive evidence either way.

video replay vs a chart with numbers are worlds apart.

The only explanation I could understand in someone relying so much on stat charts and by no means am I making fun of would be a blind person who would be limited to only hearing a game and having stats at the end of game to compile their opinion or secondly someone who is so wrapped up in fantasy football that real football is secondary.

Eh, I'd take circa 2010 LaDainian, Santonio, Braylon, Cotchery, Keller, and that beast o-line over what Miami has now. That offense was Stacked with a capital S. Except at QB

The funny thing is that they backed in because of a tanking colts team in 2009 who rested their starters. If the colts would of played through and won than the jets miss the playoffs and it would of been 100% due to buttfumble ineptness. They had a dominant oline, running game and defense and buttfumble almost singlehandedly kept them out of the playoffs were it not for the colts laying down.

The funny thing is that they backed in because of a tanking colts team in 2009 who rested their starters. If the colts would of played through and won than the jets miss the playoffs and it would of been 100% due to buttfumble ineptness. They had a dominant oline, running game and defense and buttfumble almost singlehandedly kept them out of the playoffs were it not for the colts laying down.

That's precisely why I refuse to give either Rex or buttfumble credit for anything more than1 winning season out of the last 4. While they might have beaten Cincinnati, already a dying team walking over the last 6 unimpressive games- even if they kept their starters in in game 16..
BUT the odds of beating the 14-0 Colts if they left their starters in and not Curtis Painter and the scrubbimos were less than Rex leaving a well-hung stranger's feet unfondled. Through 14 games the colts averaged 30pts while limiting their vanquished opponents to an average 18. And wouldn't you know it- the 45-27 which Peyton and the starters outscored the jest in approximately. 1.5 games prorates out to just that. So the BS that buttfumble and the jest who couldn't even beat dead Atlanta, a dome team at home and whose 7 real game wins to that point were against teams with a cumulative sub-400 record is just convenient spin overlooking the reality that a suckage team didn't deserve to get into the playoffs to meet and beat a dying Bengals and choking Chargers team.

Mark 2010 was a million times better than Ryan, he was the primary reason we won 11 games in a tougher div(where NE was much better and the 3rd place team wasn't bad) and w/ a tougher sched overall. You can have your misleading #s all you want.

Mark 2010 was a million times better than Ryan, he was the primary reason we won 11 games in a tougher div(where NE was much better and the 3rd place team wasn't bad) and w/ a tougher sched overall. You can have your misleading #s all you want.

:lol2:

it's true, he was the primary reason you won 11 games. with a real QB you would have had a shot at 13 or 14.

Back
Top Bottom