Prisco's Top 100 players: Ranking all 32 NFL starting quarterbacks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco's Top 100 players: Ranking all 32 NFL starting quarterbacks

get ready to pay up. he's already been there.
Tom Brady, Patriots (83.7)

Brady was our highest-graded quarterback in the NFL from Weeks 5 to 13 last season, recovering from a shaky start (which included a really poor performance against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 4) to have another stellar season. One cause for concern would be how we performed from Week 13 through the Super Bowl, but despite being very average for that stretch, he is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
7.Tony Romo, Cowboys (83.3)

Often criticized for the Cowboys’ lack of postseason success, Romo is actually one of the best QBs in the league on a yearly basis. It’s hard to imagine where the Cowboys would be without him, and he was particularly effective in 2014. No QB in the league had more touchdown throws on deep passes.
8.Matt Ryan, Falcons (83.0)

Another quarterback who seems to take an unnecessary amount of blame for his team’s lack of postseason success, Ryan is a top-10 NFL QB. He has benefited from having weapons like Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez around him during his time in Atlanta, but Ryan consistently performs well. He handled pressure well again in 2014, too, with an accuracy percentage of 69.4 percent on plays during which he was under pressure.
9.Russell Wilson, Seahawks (82.1)

Wilson wasn’t a particularly good passer in 2014, ranking just 19th in passing grade. He made up for that with the second-highest rushing grade among quarterbacks, but his place in the top 10 is more than anything based off of his tremendous 2013 season. That’s when he had the eighth-highest passing grade, and again the second-highest rushing grade, while leading the league with an accuracy percentage of 48.3 percent on passes travelling 20 yards or more downfield.
10.Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins (80.2)

Is he among the best five quarterbacks in the league yet? No, but Ryan Tannehill has quietly put himself in the top 10 with his play over the past two seasons. He was the sixth-most accurate QB in the league last year. Our sixth-highest graded passer in 2013, he dropped slightly to 10th this past season, but looks poised for a big year with the Dolphins and an improved supporting cast.

Gordon McGuinness | Analyst, Lead Special Teams Analyst

Gordon has worked at PFF since 2011, and now heads up the company’s special teams analysis processes. His work in-season focuses on college football, while he is also heavily involved in PFF’s NFL draft coverage.

Can you link that site you got that info from? I guess that was back then when Palmer, Newton, Dalton and other QB's were struggling making a way for Tannehill to sneak in the top 10. That must of been a ****ty year for QB's.

Since I've been saying he's average since his rookie year, I win.

I've been saying he's average too. I thought he could of been a little above average but after seeing what he has for four years, I think we've seen it all. Can he improve with Gase? Yeah, but I doubt he takes it to top 10 level.

I've been saying he's average too. I thought he could of been a little above average but after seeing what he has for four years, I think we've seen it all. Can he improve with Gase? Yeah, but I doubt he takes it to top 10 level.
I'm a little more generous. I think he can get in the top 10, BUT, it will take a number of things going right. Top 5? Not happening. Nonetheless, if he can get to, say, top 12, AND with a good OL, with the weapons he has, it should still be fun to watch.

get ready to pay up. he's already been there.
Tom Brady, Patriots (83.7)

Brady was our highest-graded quarterback in the NFL from Weeks 5 to 13 last season, recovering from a shaky start (which included a really poor performance against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 4) to have another stellar season. One cause for concern would be how we performed from Week 13 through the Super Bowl, but despite being very average for that stretch, he is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
7.Tony Romo, Cowboys (83.3)

Often criticized for the Cowboys’ lack of postseason success, Romo is actually one of the best QBs in the league on a yearly basis. It’s hard to imagine where the Cowboys would be without him, and he was particularly effective in 2014. No QB in the league had more touchdown throws on deep passes.
8.Matt Ryan, Falcons (83.0)

Another quarterback who seems to take an unnecessary amount of blame for his team’s lack of postseason success, Ryan is a top-10 NFL QB. He has benefited from having weapons like Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez around him during his time in Atlanta, but Ryan consistently performs well. He handled pressure well again in 2014, too, with an accuracy percentage of 69.4 percent on plays during which he was under pressure.
9.Russell Wilson, Seahawks (82.1)

Wilson wasn’t a particularly good passer in 2014, ranking just 19th in passing grade. He made up for that with the second-highest rushing grade among quarterbacks, but his place in the top 10 is more than anything based off of his tremendous 2013 season. That’s when he had the eighth-highest passing grade, and again the second-highest rushing grade, while leading the league with an accuracy percentage of 48.3 percent on passes travelling 20 yards or more downfield.
10.Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins (80.2)

Is he among the best five quarterbacks in the league yet? No, but Ryan Tannehill has quietly put himself in the top 10 with his play over the past two seasons. He was the sixth-most accurate QB in the league last year. Our sixth-highest graded passer in 2013, he dropped slightly to 10th this past season, but looks poised for a big year with the Dolphins and an improved supporting cast.

Gordon McGuinness | Analyst, Lead Special Teams Analyst

Gordon has worked at PFF since 2011, and now heads up the company’s special teams analysis processes. His work in-season focuses on college football, while he is also heavily involved in PFF’s NFL draft coverage.

Since this list of QB's, many QB's have come into the league and have passed Tannehill. Blake Bortels, Mariota, Carr. Also the QB's who have improved very well have passed Tannehill. Newton, Dalton, Palmer. Tannehill has to play lights out if he wants to be considered a top ten QB.

It may happen but I doubt it.

I'm a little more generous. I think he can get in the top 10, BUT, it will take a number of things going right. Top 5? Not happening. Nonetheless, if he can get to, say, top 12, AND with a good OL, with the weapons he has, it should still be fun to watch.

If he can get to 12 I would be happy as full and wouldn't mind him being our starter for the future.

What if he has another average year? Which side wins then?

Will he be pissing far more blood this year?

Why is it everyone knows the GREAT Tom Brady can be defensed if you get to him and continually knock him down, but when Tannehill is continually running for his life more often then being able to stand there and do his job without having his head taken off, people can't understand why if Tannehill is a good QB, he can't be consistent.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Since I've been saying he's average since his rookie year, I win.

If that helps you sleep at night.

I guess that was back then when Palmer, Newton, Dalton and other QB's were struggling making a way for Tannehill to sneak in the top 10. That must of been a ****ty year for QB's.
kind of like this year of ****ty posters. they come and they go.

Will he be pissing far more blood this year?

Why is it everyone knows the GREAT Tom Brady can be defensed if you get to him and continually knock him down, but when Tannehill is continually running for his life more often then being able to stand there and do his job without having his head taken off, people can't understand why if Tannehill is a good QB, he can't be consistent.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

If that helps you sleep at night.

He should be OK this year with four 1st rounders on the line.

I'm less concerned with where they were drafted and more concerned about whether they can block.

Also, it has been noted many times that the Dolphins are 6-1 when the OL is in tact:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/soflanews-proof-ryan-tannehill-perfo-20160405-story.html

However, quarterback Ryan Tannehill's raw statistics during that period can't be ignored. In those seven games over the past two seasons Tannehill, who has been the most sacked quarterback in the NFL during his four-year run as a starter, produced an impressive 107.0 passer rating.

During those seven games Tannehill clearly benefited from a cleaner pocket, and the Dolphins run game was more consistent, averaged 147.3 rushing yards and scoring six rushing touchdowns in those seven contests.

That explains why the Dolphins averaged 30.5 points in those games, which were against three teams that made it to the playoffs those seasons.

Tannehill completed 70 percent of his passes in those seven games. He averaged 254 passing yards, threw 15 touchdowns and five interceptions. He was sacked 17 times in those seven games, which averages out to 2.43 sacks per contest, which is better than his 2.87 sacks per game career average.

You should be worried less about Tannehill and more about the OL staying healthy and performing.

Am I the only one here who finds it IMPOSSIBLE to scroll past the "snorkel girl" without doing a double take?

I'm less concerned with where they were drafted and more concerned about whether they can block.

Also, it has been noted many times that the Dolphins are 6-1 when the OL is in tact:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/soflanews-proof-ryan-tannehill-perfo-20160405-story.html

You should be worried less about Tannehill and more about the OL staying healthy and performing.

And people hate Omar. See, he isn't all to negative. I'm not worried about the online, there is a lot of depth there. If it really was the olines fault all this time and Tannehill plays really good, I wouldn't know what to say. We'll see soon.

Will they be playing like four 1st rounders on the line? I am expecting they should, but you don't know.

If the line plays well, and Tannehill still fails, then all the Tannehill bashers will have a point, but if the line plays well, and what many of us have been saying happens, he succeeds after actually being given time to do his job, many of you will have to admit that maybe the line was the reason.

Am I the only one here who finds it IMPOSSIBLE to scroll past the "snorkel girl" without doing a double take?

Yea, I absolutely wish someone would tell me who she is, if someone knows she is.

I have seen thill for 4yr. he is just avg any where from 19-25. I see lot of young qb that are coming in nfl look better than our qb. dolphins can win 6 to 8 game every yr. top 10 qb( wild card every other year.)

Back
Top Bottom