Pro Bowl Alternates (Omar) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Bowl Alternates (Omar)

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly
Paul Soliai, Randy Starks, Richie Incognito, Brian Hartline and Reggie Bush are all Pro Bowl alternates.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

How is Jones, Dansby and Pouncey not in the mix?

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly
Paul Soliai, Randy Starks, Richie Incognito, Brian Hartline and Reggie Bush are all Pro Bowl alternates.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

How is Jones, Dansby and Pouncey not in the mix?

as I put in the Pro Bowl thread, Jones and Pouncey can't get a break.

I think the issue is that unless you are a big name or having an unbelievably insane season statistically, you get noticed a year too late. Happend with Yeremiah Bell, Starks, and Solia in the past.

Last year in Daboll's offense Incognito was absolutely a pro bowler, this year? Hell no. Reggie you can at least make a case for this year.

With LBs, the big names are always going to get in. While Dansby and Burnett both had very good years, they just don't have a lot of impact stats. They've made some saving plays, but they need to hold on to those INTs.

At the same time, as maddening as Incog's play has been this year, I am happy people realize he's got talent and is more than a dirty player. He's just not good for a Zone Blocking Scheme

Guess hartline is going to the pro bowl..one of those teams are going to represent the super bowl. If Houston does,we will have 3 or 4 more pro bowlers to go along with wake

:lol: @ Incognito there that must be a joke.

I know Incognito gets a lot of flack and doesnt fit the zone blocking scheme but...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/25/refo-bills-dolphins-week-16/

Dominance Up Front
There is green all along the Dolphins’ offensive line as the big guys up front controlled the trench battle against Buffalo’s defense. They were a huge factor in Miami’s running game picking up 182 yards on 35 carries (5.2 yards/carry). Left guard Richie Incognito led the way with a +3.7 grade that consisted of a perfect day in pass protection and a strong game opening holes for the Miami running attack.

PFF Game Ball
With green grades all along the offensive line, it’d be easy to give the game ball to the entire front five, but LG Richie Incognito gets the nod for his perfect day in pass protection and stellar run blocking.

Refresh my memory, what is an alternate? Are they injury replacements? Does every team have a handful of alternates?

Incognito? This is name recognition only! He sucks!

I know Incognito gets a lot of flack and doesnt fit the zone blocking scheme but...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/25/refo-bills-dolphins-week-16/

Dominance Up Front
There is green all along the Dolphins’ offensive line as the big guys up front controlled the trench battle against Buffalo’s defense. They were a huge factor in Miami’s running game picking up 182 yards on 35 carries (5.2 yards/carry). Left guard Richie Incognito led the way with a +3.7 grade that consisted of a perfect day in pass protection and a strong game opening holes for the Miami running attack.

PFF Game Ball
With green grades all along the offensive line, it’d be easy to give the game ball to the entire front five, but LG Richie Incognito gets the nod for his perfect day in pass protection and stellar run blocking.

Another confirmation that PFF's grading system is a joke...

Another confirmation that PFF's grading system is a joke...
Why?? From what I saw, Incognito did do some good work against Buffalo. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

On the other hand, there's no way he belongs in the Pro Bowl based on one good week, but PFF would confirm that too!

Back
Top Bottom