Pro Football Focus on Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Focus on Ryan Tannehill

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
" According to @PFF Ryan Tannehill ranks second in completion % under pressure (62.3), first in accuracy % under pressure (86). "

On Tannehill -> Uncanny ability so far to find the right checkdown option

" Very true, he also moves around extremely well in the pocket. Completed at least one big pass while getting sandwiched, too. "

According to @PFF #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill has a QB rating of 130.6 against the blitz.

Those numbers are absolutely sick...Love this ****!!!! GO PHINS BABY.

Wasn't Henne really good against the blitz/man to man as well and reading coverages was where he struggled? I'd like to see Tanny's number against the zone

awesome numbers.

Man I feel like I have to pinch myself to actually believe we have a legit YOUNG QB running this team.

You gotta be happy with Ryan so far..Lets just hope he continues to get better because its not a given that he does.

Wasn't Henne really good against the blitz/man to man as well and reading coverages was where he struggled? I'd like to see Tanny's number against the zone

Good point/question. That was my recollection, as well.

Young quarterbacks with more arm talent than experience tend to do better against man than zone. Throws against man are more about the throw than the timing and recognition, in other words, which helps them. Opposing defense always try blitzing first though to see if they can rattle a young QB into catastrophically bad decisions. If that doesn't work, they switch to confusion.

Tannehill has faced a lot of combination and disguised coverages but the good news for us is his recognition has been pretty much spot on. He adjusts on the fly much better than Henne did. Right now I think blitzing Tannehill has mostly to do with the fact that defenses a) want to snuff out our running game, and b) don't have any respect for our WRs to win on the outside.

Like I said in hoops' thread, it's a good strategy, and unless Hartline or Bess suddenly get more talent not one I expect to see changed. Starting with the Arizona game we've had less and less offensive production every week, if memory serves. 17 points in each of the last two games isn't good enough. I'm not sure I see a move on the board for us to play to change the terms of the engagement. Tannehill is playing better than any of us had any right to expect him to but limiting factors are limiting factors and would be limiting to even the best quarterbacks in the league if they were running this O.

according to rotoworld, tannehill also leads the league in passing yards while under pressure

I love what Tannehill has done so far. And as far as a comparison to Tannehill and Henne I think that Henne would have been a much different qb if he had Philbin as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom