Pro Football Weekly Speculates Dolphins Could | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Weekly Speculates Dolphins Could

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I read on PFW.com that Miami could be looking at CB's early in the draft, due to the uncertainty of resigning Will Allen and wanting to go younger in the Nickle and Dime Packages ... Speculation is; with the Patriots and Bills both running the spread offense, Miami will need to counter with more CB depth than they currently have behind Davis and Smith ... I think this article was spot on!!! I had mentioned in other post about the possibility of a CB like Dre Kirkpatrick, if he declares, as a logical choice at #8 or #9 ... he would match up well against the TE's in the division due to his size and tackling ability ...

You could have Deion Sanders and Revis on both sides, and none of that will matter if you don't have enough pass rush. All things being equal, you take the pass rusher first.

If Claiborne fell to us, it would be hard to pass him up.

i'm not a fan of kirkpatrick in the top 10...i think his play took a step down this year

anyways mia should give jimmy wilson more run next year...i think he'll be ready and i like his upside

i'm not a fan of kirkpatrick in the top 10...i think his play took a step down this year

anyways mia should give jimmy wilson more run next year...i think he'll be ready and i like his upside
True but we could stand to upgrade from Nolan Carroll.

Anyway we lost to the Pats by 3 points in the second game after we crapped ourselves in the second half. You look at teams like Green Bay, New Orleans and New England you are the three worst defenses in the league and they're winning with offense. How about we pick up an offensive playmaker for a change. Someone that can score some freakin points for us.

Anyway we lost to the Pats by 3 points in the second game after we crapped ourselves in the second half. You look at teams like Green Bay, New Orleans and New England you are the three worst defenses in the league and they're winning with offense. How about we pick up an offensive playmaker for a change. Someone that can score some freakin points for us.

the o would be nice but if you ask me outside of qb a pass rush presence on the outside opposite wake is paramount...would help our secondary a lot and us get off the field on 3rd down...i need to look more at upshaw to see him beat tackles off the edge with strength etc cause last night i didn't see much evidence of it...but he does have the hips the ability to flow down the los and lateral agility plus the short area acceleration and instincts to play a very effective 3 down olb...i just want to see the pure pass rush talents which i'm sure slimm can point me in the direction of his game tape for

slimms told me before he think upshaw has a clay matthews von miller like impact his first year...if thats the case sign me the hell up

To me, you can just sign Courtland Finnegan and move Sean Smith to safety and then you've got this taken care of. I doubt Finnegan would be cheap but that's OK, he wouldn't be bank-breaking either, and if you had Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams here then you've made yourself an attractive free agent destination for Finnegan, especially with no state taxes.

I don't see a corner available at #8 or #9 that would be compelling for me. I like Dre Kirkpatrick, I just don't know how compelling he is at that spot relative to other guys.

To me if you can get Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams here then you go ahead and do that, bring Channing Crowder back as a two-down linebacker for the Mike position (draft someone to groom if you like, doesn't matter), then bring in Finnegan as a corner and move Sean Smith to safety, and then you can use Sean Smith as a CB/S combo player in nickel/dime packages. Gives you flexibility, intelligence, and depth.

At #8 or #9 I would look to add Quinton Coples and then I would look to draft Brandon Weeden in the 2nd round, potentially trading up if need be in order to make sure you get him.

i'd much rather have upshaw than coples if its 34 olb...personally...but i do like the add finnegan thing...i like that a lot...sean smith though as your every down free safety...i just don't think you can get away with that personally

All three of those teams have defenses ranked middle of the road. Something like 14th, 15th, and 16th.

I never took into consideration Free Agency and who eventually signs with Miami ... I understand the articles point, and the PFW article did mention Jimmy Wilson ... CB's and perhaps a pass rusher in F/A could be a priority for Miami come March ... I guess we'll have to wait and see how F/A plays out and how Miami fills out the roster, before the draft ...

New Orleans was ranked 24th in total defense, New England was ranked 31st in total defense and Green Bay was ranked 32nd in total defense. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

I'm not looking at LBs until I know if we're staying in the 3-4 or moving to the 4-3. I've said before if we move 4-3 then Coples should be our guy, if we stay in the 3-4 I like Upshaw...but I'm not looking at hours of tape until I know for sure what defense we'll be running.

New Orleans was ranked 24th in total defense, New England was ranked 31st in total defense and Green Bay was ranked 32nd in total defense. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

I'm not looking at LBs until I know if we're staying in the 3-4 or moving to the 4-3. I've said before if we move 4-3 then Coples should be our guy, if we stay in the 3-4 I like Upshaw...but I'm not looking at hours of tape until I know for sure what defense we'll be running.

and what if fish comes in and we go to some kind of hybrid thing 43 and 34...my problem with us moving to the 43 is i don't see the horses at de in the 43 for us...wake would be awfully light in the pants as a 43 end i guess if we went to some wide 9 type stuff like the eagles we could use him that way but that d is predicated on getting leads and then unleashing the pass rush edge guys...

i do think odrick and starks would make nice 43 dt's

Not only not having horses at DE but we would lack the OLB for the 4-3 as well IMO. I suppose we could put Dansby outside and have Burnett play inside and draft an OLB but I don't see Misi able to play out there in that much space or any other linebacker on our roster...and Wake would have no position at 6'3" 250 lbs he's too light for DE and I don't see him as an OLB in the 4-3.

Back
Top Bottom