PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
First of all they said that they wouldn't believe a word coming out of the mouth of Coach Gase to begin with and that the kick was petty and will come back to bite him. Something along the lines of getting a cursory interview by Elway when they had a head coaching vacancy and it was personal. Did anybody see the piece?

Really Gase did Joseph a favor with the onside kick. Now some of the people who would be calling for Joseph's head for the Broncos' poor season are focused on Gase and the evil Dolphins instead of the Broncos and their issues. As for Gase, I think he's more worried about his team, what his front office thinks of his future and even what the Dolphin fan base is thinking than he is worried about what the Broncos think of a onside kick. If I were Gase I would say "I'm worried about keeping my damn job, not if the Broncos got their feelings hurt."

If they were selling out to block the kick and we were able to take advantage of the situation its fine.

If Gase simply wanted to get some more reps for his offense then its selfish and its potentially putting the defense in a bad spot.

If he did it to rub salt in the wound then he's a prick.

If he did it to fire up his team or to fire up the fan base I'm good with it. Now is not the time to worry about opponents feelings or sportsmanship. No coach has ever been fired for hurting his opponents feelings.

My view with any sport I’ve played is that it’s not my team’s job to stop playing when we are in front, instead it is the oppositions job to stop us, and if they can’t do that then that’s their problem not mine. Goes both ways. In fact I think this approach shows more respect by continuing to play whereas stopping playing is far more disrespectful because you are essentially saying to the other team that they can’t comeback and win, or at least get back into the game and make it competitive.

I feel the same way as a fan. When the other team stops trying, or they bench lots of starters for their reserves, then that to me is more disrespectful than their starters continuing to play the game they are paid to play.

So no, I have no issue with Gase making this team continue to play and try to score. Just like I’d have no issue with the opposition doing the same to us.

My view with any sport I’ve played is that it’s not my team’s job to stop playing when we are in front, instead it is the oppositions job to stop us, and if they can’t do that then that’s their problem not mine. Goes both ways. In fact I think this approach shows more respect by continuing to play whereas stopping playing is far more disrespectful because you are essentially saying to the other team that they can’t comeback and win, or at least get back into the game and make it competitive.

I feel the same way as a fan. When the other team stops trying, or they bench lots of starters for their reserves, then that to me is more disrespectful than their starters continuing to play the game they are paid to play.

So no, I have no issue with Gase making this team continue to play and try to score. Just like I’d have no issue with the opposition doing the same to us.

In professional sports, I agree with you. In college sports, I am on the fence and in high school sports I disagree completely.

If this had been done to us.....we would be pissed. I don't condone it being done to the Broncos....I wouldn't have done it.

However, if this was done to help motivate his team, excite the fans, show our dominance for once this year in a game as well as build confidence in his players.....great! I'll get over the bush league nature of it if that was the motivation. On the flip side, if this is some petty feud with Elway or VJ, then no, he shouldn't have done it. He embarrassed them enough without having to do this.

We shall see if this comes back to haunt us.

If this had been done to us.....we would be pissed. I don't condone it being done to the Broncos....I wouldn't have done it.

However, if this was done to help motivate his team, excite the fans, show our dominance for once this year in a game as well as build confidence in his players.....great! I'll get over the bush league nature of it if that was the motivation. On the flip side, if this is some petty feud with Elway or VJ, then no, he shouldn't have done it. He embarrassed them enough without having to do this.

We shall see if this comes back to haunt us.

Talk for yourself, I wouldn’t be pissed about it take it like a man. The Pats have been running up the score since 2007 and no one says a thing.

Back
Top Bottom