PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NYC#1finsfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan

First of all they said that they wouldn't believe a word coming out of the mouth of Coach Gase to begin with and that the kick was petty and will come back to bite him. Something along the lines of getting a cursory interview by Elway when they had a head coaching vacancy and it was personal. Did anybody see the piece?

2. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

you can't take anything on ESPN serious. its trash

Miami 13, Etuoo33, dobrasz54 and 9 others like this.
  3. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Really Gase did Joseph a favor with the onside kick. Now some of the people who would be calling for Joseph's head for the Broncos' poor season are focused on Gase and the evil Dolphins instead of the Broncos and their issues. As for Gase, I think he's more worried about his team, what his front office thinks of his future and even what the Dolphin fan base is thinking than he is worried about what the Broncos think of a onside kick. If I were Gase I would say "I'm worried about keeping my damn job, not if the Broncos got their feelings hurt."

4. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

If they were selling out to block the kick and we were able to take advantage of the situation its fine.

If Gase simply wanted to get some more reps for his offense then its selfish and its potentially putting the defense in a bad spot.

If he did it to rub salt in the wound then he's a prick.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  5. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

If he did it to fire up his team or to fire up the fan base I'm good with it. Now is not the time to worry about opponents feelings or sportsmanship. No coach has ever been fired for hurting his opponents feelings.

Soca casual and Ray R like this.
  6. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Isnt the point of an nfl game to score more points than the other team?

7. NYC#1finsfan

I would have done it to get practice in for a Patriots team coming in that we essentially have to beat by any means necessary and you can't duplicate game play in practice.

8. Mike8272

Mike8272 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

My view with any sport I’ve played is that it’s not my team’s job to stop playing when we are in front, instead it is the oppositions job to stop us, and if they can’t do that then that’s their problem not mine. Goes both ways. In fact I think this approach shows more respect by continuing to play whereas stopping playing is far more disrespectful because you are essentially saying to the other team that they can’t comeback and win, or at least get back into the game and make it competitive.

I feel the same way as a fan. When the other team stops trying, or they bench lots of starters for their reserves, then that to me is more disrespectful than their starters continuing to play the game they are paid to play.

So no, I have no issue with Gase making this team continue to play and try to score. Just like I’d have no issue with the opposition doing the same to us.

kevphin, *Demi*God*, fin415 and 4 others like this.
  9. FinaticalFinfan

FinaticalFinfan Finatical Finfan Finheaven VIP

In professional sports, I agree with you. In college sports, I am on the fence and in high school sports I disagree completely.

10. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Loved it. Hope to see more of this from Gase often. Screw the oppositions’ feelings.

Riftur, RVAPhinFan13 and Ray R like this.
  11. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

If this had been done to us.....we would be pissed. I don't condone it being done to the Broncos....I wouldn't have done it.

However, if this was done to help motivate his team, excite the fans, show our dominance for once this year in a game as well as build confidence in his players.....great! I'll get over the bush league nature of it if that was the motivation. On the flip side, if this is some petty feud with Elway or VJ, then no, he shouldn't have done it. He embarrassed them enough without having to do this.

We shall see if this comes back to haunt us.

JamesBW43 likes this.
  12. NYC#1finsfan

If Belichek did it he wouldn't give a damn what anybody thought.

13. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should be mad at Elway, for having worse QB’s then we have.

dahlmarino, JakeemThe Dream and Ray R like this.
  14. Gsmack_42

Talk for yourself, I wouldn’t be pissed about it take it like a man. The Pats have been running up the score since 2007 and no one says a thing.

Riftur, psfign, RVAPhinFan13 and 3 others like this.
  15. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....... is anyone watching PTI?

16. Skeet01

Skeet01 Member

ESPN is trash. If they don’t want the score run up on them then stop them. IMO all is fair. Anyone remember when Jacksonville beat us 63 - 7? Did that ever come back to haunt Jacksonville? No. Who cares what the snow flakes think, you play professional sports and if you suck, you deserve to be blow out. They can feel bad and wipe their tears with the dollars they make.

17. malok

malok Rookie Finheaven VIP

Who gives a **** what those clowns think? If it was Belichick they'd be talking about his killer instinct...

18. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Couldn’t find the remote?

19. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

PTI hasn’t been relevant in a decade. Nobody gives a **** what they think. These guys are grown men paid money to play with a ball. They can get over it.

20. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

I am speaking for myself.....aren't you?

21. Mike8272

Mike8272 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Why do you disagree?

Interested to hear your opinion on the opposite side to this cententious topic.

22. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Point made.

JakeemThe Dream and Ray R like this.
  23. jfleag61

jfleag61 A True Fan

How many years did Gase spend as an assistant to Saban?? Looks like something rubbed off on him. Good!

24. Gsmack_42

You where the one that wrote we would be pissed not me.

25. jazz015

jazz015 Well-Known Member

I forget which coach it was but I think it was BB. When teams run onside kicks like that it it because they see a flaw in the coverage or that players aren't watching for the ball to be kicked. It is game plan specific.

Now this coach was talking about how he didn't save it for later in the season. He talked about how there are certain games and times you use those trick plays. When the opportunity presents itself you might as well use it because the damage it does to the team in the mental aspect could be damaging.

Gase ran it in order to boost confidence and his guys and put a nail in Denver's. Even an extra minute or two off the clock lessens Denver's chance at a potential comeback.

It was a smart call regardless of record. It shows how crucial the execution of those plays are and their ripple effect

Ray R likes this.
  26. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

When Bellicheat went for it on fourth and 8 on the first drive no one in the BSPN offices was bitching then

27. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

so Gase took the most dangerous play in football and turned it into an exciting play. And everyone’s all butt hurt. Let’s just watch the millionaires hug

JakeemThe Dream, Stoobz and Ray R like this.
  28. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

I just want to be relevant next yr....without our best players being traded or our starting QB having to run around the LOS to avoid a highlight sack. Or a defense that cant get off the field on 3rd down because their tired because the offense consistently punts on 7 play drives....

He may get by this season, but regardless next yr. has to be Gase's final yr. for some glimmer of hope for titles runs in the near future or blow it up....ALL THE WAY UP

Stoobz likes this.
  29. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator

People still watch ESPN?

30. Ray R

Ray R Well-Known Member

RONG!!!!

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  31. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I like the show. I never get the chance to watch it because I’m usually at the gym when it’s on. That being said, they are entitled to feel how they feel. As with anything that happens when there’s a report on sports, it really makes no difference what is said in reality.

JakeemThe Dream and Awsi Dooger like this.
  32. FinaticalFinfan

FinaticalFinfan Finatical Finfan Finheaven VIP

Good word, but I think you spell it with an "S" (I had to look it up lol). Because in high school, quite often there is a huge disparity in talent between 2 teams, in all sports....take for instance the sport I am involved with coaching, fast pitch softball. There are a few teams, that if I don't have my players "step off" ( meaning leave the base they are at before pitcher releases ball ), it would never end. I mean, we are still scoring 20+ runs in 3 innings ( its a win if a team is leading by more than 15 runs before the end of the third inning )...and we would still do that at the end of each inning...I mean not once did they ever "earn" the 3 outs. Same in all the area high school sports. When it becomes so lopsided, you have to remember that these are still kids, it's still sports, and it's still suppose to be fun. Beating a team 40-0 in softball is not fun for either team. And I am no " everyone gets a trophy" kind a guy, but you can still show mercy and still be respectful while doing it.

EricCartman, fin415 and FSU Truth like this.
  33. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Stupid IMO. Never want to give your competiors a edge.

34. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

I don't know why Denver is so upset. They couldn't have faced a better team trying to run up the score than Miami. In typical Dolphin fashion, they are even inept when it comes to trying to embarrass their opponent. They recover an onside kick and promptly go three and out :laugh plus they failed to score another point on offense.

JakeemThe Dream, miami365 and Ray R like this.
  35. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Sorry bro I don't watch ESPN.

36. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Wilbon despite himself is more often than not transparent in his biases and his antagonism ramps up accordingly. I would wager that if the HC was Marvin Lewis he'd be extolling his competitiveness and quoting Herm's "you play to win the game.". I lost all respect for him when I noticed how judgmental he was in his selective condemnations and am still waiting for him to condemn his good buddy Barkleys Scottsdale drunk driving stop being on his way to commit adultery with a tranny telling the cop that "she" gives the best BJs!

Long way of saying I can give a flying **** what he thinks about Gase and in a way, his opinion validates him.

JakeemThe Dream, rickd13 and Ray R like this.
  37. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

It's a great show on a tremendous network. Naturally lots of simplistic angry males are now scared of ESPN and think they have to condemn it any time the topic shows up, so fellow simplistic angry males can pat them on the back.

38. malok

malok Rookie Finheaven VIP

Is that your professional opinion doc? Perhaps you can prescribe me some meds for my anger issues?

Two loud idiots proclaiming their opinions as facts. Yep, there's some Emmy worthy television right there. Maybe your just have ****ty taste in TV? No, must be the simplistic angry males! Lol

Ray R likes this.
  39. ebozzz

ebozzz Starter Donator

You lost me here. Never seen a "blocked" kick off before....

40. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I thought the os kick was bush league but if Gase needed to do that due to a personal vendetta against Elway or the Horses I'm behind him. Truthfully, i can't wait dor the day we have a winning record and put 40 plus on teams.