Pursuit of Mike Wallace shows paradigm shift in Miami Dolphins’ free agency approach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pursuit of Mike Wallace shows paradigm shift in Miami Dolphins’ free agency approach

I hope last year was a wake up call for Jeff. The lack of playmakers on offense was ultimately our downfall in 2012. Everything on O was just so freaking compact it was hard to watch at times. Signing a guy like Wallace improves this team immensely. Bess and Hartline should become more productive, the running game will pick up, And Tannehill can transition from game manager to playmaker for this team.

Still, one player won't fix all of our problems, snatch up Jared Cook, grab a FA corner and draft another one - maybe Banks or Rhodes, grab another young receiver and get a decent right tackle and just maybe we can keep up with the Pats in the east.

without reading the article ...yet...

I would bet the Ross is behind the WR FA pursuit.

adding Wallace too the outside is a great 1st step.
I hope they can come too terms with Winston at RT or retain Long for $8/9 million - esp since Winston is looking for $7 mill.
Draft will be Key - if wallace is signed Wr will be drafted in 2nd or 3rd round. CB - or S will be the 1st round.
Eifert at 12 is a reach, but a trade back too late teens or early 20's is not a reach for him. then maybe trade back into the 1st for the next position.
Eifert in mid -low 1st is awesome!

What shift in free agency geesh the dolphins have pursued many a top player

pretty good article from Armando

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/dolphins-undergo-paradigm-shift-in-free-agency/

This regurgitated PFW article brings to light a possiblity of Wes Welker after Wallace.

My god, if we were to get this guy with Wallace, it would be the exact opposite of what people said about New England. It also means you dont have to wait a couple of years for rookies to develope in the system.

If we go all out for stars at skill positions, then you are kind of set. Guys would have to be let go like Patterson and the other FA CB we picked up last year.

You can thank Mr. Ross for the shift. Not sure Ireland would be doing what he's doing if he didn't feel the pressure.

adding Wallace too the outside is a great 1st step.
I hope they can come too terms with Winston at RT or retain Long for $8/9 million - esp since Winston is looking for $7 mill.
Draft will be Key - if wallace is signed Wr will be drafted in 2nd or 3rd round. CB - or S will be the 1st round.
Eifert at 12 is a reach, but a trade back too late teens or early 20's is not a reach for him. then maybe trade back into the 1st for the next position.
Eifert in mid -low 1st is awesome!

Last night before bed I was thinkiing about St louis and #16 while they still have #22. We could get a 3rd rounder from them and let them get it cheap while we save some money and still get our guy.

Guys at that spot might be:

Vaccarro
Eifert
any of the CB's (highly likely)
any DE we covet that is there
DT (i dont discount this notion at all, Soliai is up next year)

I think if they were to go balls to walls at Wr then they get Patterson to make people even happier but not likely since Wr would be set and is deep in draft.

Many of you think that Ireland works in an echo chamber. No, he works with the owner, head coach, his staff and the scouts to find the right players that fit the coaching staff's vision.
Bill Parcells was hired by Huizenga to rebuild the team and Ireland was hired by BP to find the players that fit BP's vision of what he wanted the Phins to become. BP had final say on personnel decisions until his final yr with the organization.
Ireland has received much unfair criticism from many on this site. He is now working with a HC with a different vision than BP and Sparano, therefore, I believe we are going to see a different approach to building the team. Its as simple as that.
I'm so sick of the snarky "corn fed", "is your momma a ho" jokes already. They have run their course and are no longer funny.

Many of you think that Ireland works in an echo chamber. No, he works with the owner, head coach, his staff and the scouts to find the right players that fit the coaching staff's vision.
Bill Parcells was hired by Huizenga to rebuild the team and Ireland was hired by BP to find the players that fit BP's vision of what he wanted the Phins to become. BP had final say on personnel decisions until his final yr with the organization.
Ireland has received much unfair criticism from many on this site. He is now working with a HC with a different vision than BP and Sparano, therefore, I believe we are going to see a different approach to building the team. Its as simple as that.
I'm so sick of the snarky "corn fed", "is your momma a ho" jokes already. They have run their course and are no longer funny.

More to the point, Ireland is working with the HC he hired, not the HC that the Tuna hired. Huge difference IMO.

How about a Richard Marshall for $6 million per year joke?.... Or perhaps a lets trade our pro bowl WR for scraps thinking he didn't need to replace him joke?..... Oh nevermind. That was all Parcells fault also.....

How about a Richard Marshall for $6 million per year joke?.... Or perhaps a lets trade our pro bowl WR for scraps thinking he didn't need to replace him joke?..... Oh nevermind. That was all Parcells fault also.....

Richard Marshall is more than worth it, his versatility specifically makes that a reality. Save the Brandon Marshall crap. It's obvious Marshall wasn't Ireland's choice, and he was simply moving more of the TUNA's crap to the curb.

Back
Top Bottom