Put it in perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Put it in perspective

kashbo

TED GINN BOO AND A YEAH
Reaction score
ok last year in the draft The JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK, chose debrickashaw ferguson and that center from ohio state whats his name well whatever. Those two picks helped them reach the playoffs, We need O line, Brady quinn is not our need we can draft a QB later in the rounds drew stanton, jared zambransky, chrisk leak, troy smith, jhon beck, zac taylor etc. We need oline A Shutdown corner , QB then Wide reciever

The Jests had a great draft last year, no doubt. That has nothing to do with our situation. If the Jests were in our situation this year, and Quinn comes close to them, they'd take him just like Cam-Mul will this year. They didn't need a QB last year, like we do this. The difference is that (according to most draftniks) franchise QBs don't come to you very often. If the opportunity is there for Miami, no way Quinn gets passed up.

Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to NOT taking him, but if he's there, I'm sure he's ours...

Yes we do need O-line, and in a bad way...but, you cant ever pass up an opportunity to get a quality, and maybe potentially, franchise QB in the draft. Its easier to get quality OL later in the draft than it is quality QB. I know, I know, there's Tom Brady and all, but thats the exception rather than the norm.

ok last year in the draft The JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK, chose debrickashaw ferguson and that center from ohio state whats his name well whatever. Those two picks helped them reach the playoffs, We need O line, Brady quinn is not our need we can draft a QB later in the rounds drew stanton, jared zambransky, chrisk leak, troy smith, jhon beck, zac taylor etc. We need oline A Shutdown corner , QB then Wide reciever

Some valid points...Nick Mangold was the center they drafted...But I think we have to go either oline or qb first, then either oline or qb second...Our defense is good right now and the dline will help the secondary vastly. Also, having the easiest remaining 5 game schedule in the league last year helped the Jets more than Mangold and D-Brick did

Some valid points...Nick Mangold was the center they drafted...But I think we have to go either oline or qb first, then either oline or qb second...Our defense is good right now and the dline will help the secondary vastly. Also, having the easiest remaining 5 game schedule in the league last year helped the Jets more than Mangold and D-Brick did
Yep, that's the plan I hope. That's our needs, and I hope we address those 1 and 2, like you said.

We need just too much. I believe we will go O-Line first and get a QB in the 2nd round. unless Quinn falls to 9th pick. Which won't happen. It will just cost Miami too much to trade up for Quinn. If we didn't need so much then we might trade up but this team needs alot.

We need just too much. I believe we will go O-Line first and get a QB in the 2nd round. unless Quinn falls to 9th pick. Which won't happen. It will just cost Miami too much to trade up for Quinn. If we didn't need so much then we might trade up but this team needs alot.
Unless he falls to like #6, then it doesnt cost us more than a 3rd or possibly 4th. But probably a 3rd. That's not too much. We still get 2 quality players in the 2nd.

The opportunity lined up and they took advantage. Next thing you know we'll be hearing about the 49ers took a linebacker and he changed their defense around or something like that.

I think we trade up...I think Randy and Cam really want Quinn

The opportunity lined up and they took advantage. Next thing you know we'll be hearing about the 49ers took a linebacker and he changed their defense around or something like that.

what are you talking about?

:confused: What the @#$%. Did I miss something here Jaj?

:confused: What the @#$%. Did I miss something here Jaj?

I think he meant teams turn themselves around in numerous ways. Like how the Chargers turned their team around recently by assembling that menacing defense. i.e. The O-Line isn't the only way to fix a team.

They also had a Pro Bowl QB, so it's a moot point. We have had good lines, average lines, and poor lines since Marino left and yet have not continually made the playoffs like we did with him, so it's clear our problem is elsewhere. Yes, OL is a need, but it's not THE need. The QBs we've been trying wouldn't be THAT much better with a better OL.

I think he meant teams turn themselves around in numerous ways. Like how the Chargers turned their team around recently by assembling that menacing defense. i.e. The O-Line isn't the only way to fix a team.
Oh OK, that makes more sense, thanks.

They also had a Pro Bowl QB, so it's a moot point. We have had good lines, average lines, and poor lines since Marino left and yet have not continually made the playoffs like we did with him, so it's clear our problem is elsewhere. Yes, OL is a need, but it's not THE need. The QBs we've been trying wouldn't be THAT much better with a better OL.

Who's the probowl QB?

Back
Top Bottom