QA With Lance Shulters in the Herald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QA With Lance Shulters in the Herald

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Reaction score
We have GOT to get this guy under contract for the next few years. I like his grit and determination; he's one of those guys like Zach, he just won't be denied. We need more of those here. Here's an excerpt:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/12796179.htm

Q: OK, but you're a former Pro Bowl player now. You've made a name for yourself, so why still the chip?
A: ``You know what, I guess I'm just an angry person. You need to ask the teammates I've played with because my role has changed as I've gone from team to team. All I know is the role I've had on teams I've been on is to be the leader. I was the guy that players looked to for energy. I call it having venom and intensity. That's been my role.''

Q: Yeah, but that's kind of cliché, and it's been awhile since that 1998 draft.

A: ``Look man, [former Nebraska quarterback] Scott Frost got drafted before me [as a safety]. Scott Frost! And that eats me up and it still eats me up, and that's why I try to prove myself to people to this day. The Jets made a terrible mistake by passing on me. Other teams made a terrible mistake by passing on me. Scott Frost? Please.''

:rofl3:

Remember, Scott Frost was an option QB at Nebraska. That's what he takes exception to. A quarterback with no experience at safety being drafted ahead of him as a safety.

PARCELLS of all people made that call.

Muck said:
Remember, Scott Frost was an option QB at Nebraska. That's what he takes exception to. A quarterback with no experience at safety being drafted ahead of him as a safety.

PARCELLS of all people made that call.

Serves to illustrate once again what an inexact science the draft is; that guy like Shulters could be regarded lightly coming out, and that a guy like Zach falls to the 5th round.

Back
Top Bottom