QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

much better athlete than drew bledsoe...delivery does look a bit elongated but it still wouldn't deter me

Yeah Bledsoe was kind of a statue....I just think height/weight and build he looks similar and has the same throwing motion. Gabbert has a nice quick release...he spots his receiver and lets fly with the throw. Also doesn't it look like he has huge feet.... like size 15+ or is that just me?

come on son...you can't bail on the throw to the outside and expect the ball to get there...you got to step thru and take that hit

so far in the pocket without pressure i'm very much impressed...on the run accuracy/decision making looks scattershot and with pressure i see him bailing...relying on his arm only

can throw the ball both with paste and touch however...

when this kid gets on his horse he's got wheels also...can run

Ohhhhhhh c'mon refs.....let the players decide the game. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad call.

Yeah Bledsoe was kind of a statue....I just think height/weight and build he looks similar and has the same throwing motion. Gabbert has a nice quick release...he spots his receiver and lets fly with the throw. Also doesn't it look like he has huge feet.... like size 15+ or is that just me?

watch ryan mallet tape...thats drew bledsoe reincarnate....mobility wise...you better protect mallet cause he's not gonna make guys miss...but thats one big body to get to the ground

mallet can make your jaw drop with some of the throws he can make though...its rediculous

Hopefully the Phins will be able to work out Gabbert and see what he can do. Have him throw a few routes to Marshall and Bess. He may return to Mizzou for another year, but I think if he gets enough info that he would be a first rounder than he will come out early.

and there's one of my favorite in line te's reisner icing the game...that kids gonna make some team very happy on draft day...can block his *** off

Yeah I have seen Mallett and he is very slow and not too mobile. Mallett has a really strong arm like Flacco but he is just so slow and his decision making isn't that great. I think Mallett and Locker are really overrated. That was a nice bowl game.

Aside from that horrible decision that Gabbert made he played an outstanding game. I think he comes out this year.

i'm looking forward to watching this game again and diving further into the qb play...among others

count me a gabbert fan though...really want to get some more looks at missou games this year...

Hopefully the Phins will be able to work out Gabbert and see what he can do. Have him throw a few routes to Marshall and Bess. He may return to Mizzou for another year, but I think if he gets enough info that he would be a first rounder than he will come out early.

I have a feeling we may not work out any QBs privately so we don't tip anybody off should this FO actually want to draft a QB. Devlin, Ponder, Locker, Stanzi should all be playing in all star games so they can get a look at those guys there. All the underclassmen (Mallet, Gabbert, Luck and others) can be "examined" during their pro days. All of their teams have potential draft picks that could interest the Dolphins as a cover up.

This regime has been sneaky that way. You get a limited number of invites for private workouts and they could use one to throw off the scent of who they really want....again, if they really intend to draft a QB that is.

I have a feeling we may not work out any QBs privately so we don't tip anybody off should this FO actually want to draft a QB. Devlin, Ponder, Locker, Stanzi should all be playing in all star games so they can get a look at those guys there. All the underclassmen (Mallet, Gabbert, Luck and others) can be "examined" during their pro days. All of their teams have potential draft picks that could interest the Dolphins as a cover up.

This regime has been sneaky that way. You get a limited number of invites for private workouts and they could use one to throw off the scent of who they really want....again, if they really intend to draft a QB that is.

i'm hoping less than 1 week from now this front office is no longer here...otherwise bringing in a top qb prospect or one to develop is pretty fruitless

looking at the replay, both Gabbert and the WR were at fault. the WR decided to keep blocking, Gabbert saw him get behind the DB so he thought he was still running the route

hah...well that helps cause live that looked like a horrid decision

Well, overall I think this was a fine day for Gabbert even though he made the mistake that ultimately cost them the game. The guy showed why he's a high 1st round prospect, and he also showed the warts I talked about. His ball placement on the short stuff was not perfect, it never really is. He works in a spread offense so you're not going to see the guy go through to 4th reads like a Devlin or Yates, just not the design of the offense.

We're talking about 41 of 54 for 437 yards, 2 TDs (1 rushing), 2 INTs. One of those INTs was not at all his fault (the one that ended the 1st Half), he put the ball right on the guy in stride, tight coverage but the ball was THERE...the guy pops it up. Can't say I'm surprised by that.

I think you see what I mean by being let down by his offense and receivers at times. They made plays tonight, in fact more plays than I was used to seeing in the Mizzou tapes I scoured...but they also let Gabbert down. That popped up interception was purely the receiver's fault and it cost a TOUCHDOWN. The other interception was also on the receiver for doing (drum roll please), exactly what I said they tend NOT to do which is to react to Gabbert's scramble and UNCOVER. This was a point of contention between Slimm and I, he felt like in the games he'd watched that the Mizzou receivers were good at uncovering and/or coming back to help him, I felt just the opposite in the games I watched, that they never do it, that most often they do exactly what his WR did on that play...stand like a bump on a log.

This guy was putting on a clinic until he did something he might not have done the entire year. He's scrambling, and instead of making a safe decision with the ball, he threw into a dicey situation and just plain misfired, paid for it in blood. But if you notice, a lot of what he did tonight was because he knew he was being watched. You look at his footwork on the drop...that was for the scouts. He's been sluggish with that all year long but in the month leading up to this game it looks to me like he knew what the scouts would want to see and he practiced it.

But you know what's awesome about that? His footwork was better, and it led to BETTER ACCURACY. He was a more accurate passer tonight than I had seen him. This guy's upside is tremendous. Don't let that ONE bad decision/throw fool you, he made more than enough super impressive throws throughout the night, and that interception was kind of uncharacteristic of what he does on the scramble. If you go back and watch the tapes, you'll see TONS of scrambles, and TONS of safe decision making on the scramble, with also a good amount of making positive plays.

We're talking about 41 of 54 for 437 yards, 2 TDs (1 rushing), 2 INTs. One of those INTs was not at all his fault (the one that ended the 1st Half), he put the ball right on the guy in stride, tight coverage but the ball was THERE...the guy pops it up. Can't say I'm surprised by that.

Looked to me like the pass was behind the receiver a bit. Had he led the receiver more it would have been an easy TD. Ball was kind of up around the receivers shoulder and that allowed the DB to stick his hand in there and pop it up for the INT. At least that's what I saw.

And let me just say that with Ryan Mallett, I can go a game or two and watch Mallett try 5 or 6 throws that are exactly as dumbfounding as that Gabbert interception was, when Mallett is forced to scramble.

Gabbert is the best in the Draft when it comes to being pressured and put on the run. Other QBs are much better though at setting the table so that they're not being pressured or forced to run.

Back
Top Bottom