QB heavy offseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB heavy offseason

Doughty was a major disappointment in preseason last year but we kept him on the PS all season. I wonder what we're going to do with him as Dan Marino himself said to pick him

I try not to put too much expectation on a 7th round qb. Most never make it too far, so in my mind Doughty has been on par with his draft status.

We haven't even seen the full market of backup level QBs yet. For example, if Denver signs Cousins, Trevor Siemian might be released. Siemian has enough talent and experience to qualify as a solid #2 option.

I would hope to sign a backup before the draft. That way, the front office doesn't feel any pressure to reach in the draft. In this scenario, the QB room is Tannehill, veteran #2, rookie #3, and if the rookie shows potential, the veteran backup could be dangled in a trade when someone's starter inevitably goes down.

Not here to argue about Tannehill's place with the team. Been done enough and suffice it to say I believe he is our starting QB next season like it or not. I was thinking that there are a lot of QBs on the market between trades free agency and the draft. How dones that play into us finding a decent #2 for this season?
Here is the dichotomy. If you don’t go early with a qb, then the solution isn’t later in the draft, it is through FA. When you talk about spending, we have learned that the back up qb can make or break a season. Miami should spend the same amount on Moore and get a vet.

Just an FYI, that shouldnt change their draft plans incase a qb does fall into their laps

I don't care if thill17 is starter or not I feel he need competition. The best QB will win job any way. Thill17 can not continue to win 6 to 8 game yr. IF tyrod can get bills to playoff. With no help from bills front office thill17 should at least get dolphins to wild card. Right now dolpins fight for second place with bills jets, and wild card team like jag.bal.ten sandiego.kc, oak hou

Beating out the starting QB is like beating out the boxing champ - has to be a clear win. Competition, yes, but Tannehill's the starter

Kirk Cousins will have a big impact on the draft obviously.

Right now im rooting for him to sign with Arizona followed by Buffalo, id prefer to see as many teams as possible in need of a QB drafting before 11.

I am not worried about Buffalo.

If Arizona misses out on Kirk they also remain in play for a trade down with us. Definitely going to be an interesting lead up to April 26th.

I have a feeling the Jets are going full on for him.

I'm hoping we draft a QB at some point. You can't just ignored the most important position on the team. You need a young guy to groom instead of waiting. We made that mistake last year.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm hoping we draft a QB at some point. You can't just ignored the most important position on the team. You need a young guy to groom instead of waiting. We made that mistake last year.

Ozzy rules!!
we have made that mistake for 17 yr.

forget FA, we have to draft a QB to challenge Tannehill right away. But, no matter who we draft, Tannehill as the veteran with the contract will get the start regardless of performance during training camp or preseason. If I as the FO I would have a list of QB's for each round, we do not have to spend a 1st on a QB.

I would be shocked if they didn't.
when have dolphins ever devolope qb?that why they need draft qb in rd 1 or 2. any qb that come to dolphins happy to be backup. I don't want him on this team.

Last edited:
Ok, lets play the game. I am taking trading up off the table, I just do not see how we can afford to do that. Do you take:

Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph at 11?

Ok, lets play the game. I am taking trading up off the table, I just do not see how we can afford to do that. Do you take:

dolphins sound like they do nt want competion for thill17 they should draft 7 rd qb. that not going help dolphins at all.
Not really. Miami has drafted 4 QBs in the 1st 4 rounds in the last 17 years, not counting FA acquisitions. They've tried quite a few times.
no they have draft 1 first rd in 17 yr and they keep getting it wrong. the two qb they should of gotten they blow it brees and matt ryan

I was just thinking about Mason Rudolph. he would be good choice in rd 2. I don't think Lamar will do what he did in college in pros??? he could be good one as well. it all depend on how good Gase is at developing young qb...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom