QB Trey Lance dealt from 49ers to Cowboys for 4th-rounder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Trey Lance dealt from 49ers to Cowboys for 4th-rounder

mekadave

OL Watcher
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Wow. This trade is going down as one of the all-time one-sided trades ever. And I mean the original Niners-Fins trade.

Last edited:
It’s a good trade for Dallas buying low on a guy that was the number 3 overall pick two years ago and is still young

It's crazy to see a guy drafted so high get dealt out for so relatively little after when he hadn't necessarily proved he couldn't play at this level- he just hadn't had good circumstances to prove anything.

I think San Fran really went with belief in tools and teaching over timing and instinct. Maybe Shanahan himself didn't understand just how much more important timing was in his offense until Purdy took over and really thrived because he could be so decisive and accurate. I can easily see now why they were also heavily attached to Mac Jones- that seems like it would have been a better fit by far.

People always think of an offense like Shanny's as QB friendly because its about getting the ball to playmakers quickly and not high level throws. But an offense that requires you to diagnose and deal quickly isn't necessarily that friendly if those are skills that you still have to develop.

Back
Top Bottom