qb with best instincts and or intangibles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

qb with best instincts and or intangibles

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i think feeley is average, and jay is pretty calm and tough, no idea about sage though. id have to say feidler at this point and say right now feidler is the better qb mentally and athleticly. but just for now, ill wait till i see aj or sage play in the preseason.

You can make a big argument for Feeley's toughness and poise. He filled in for McNabb in Philly and did well enough for the Eagles to win out the regular season.

Akers missed a field goal that should of won the game against the Giants. Giants were a very hungry team.

Fiedler has played FOUR years with Miami. He has shown he is not capable of taking this team into the playoffs with Ricky taking ALL of the attention away from him.

I am kinda getting tired of people telling me how good or not so good Feeley is. HOW THE HECK DO YOU KNOW? HE HAS PLAYED LIKE 5 NFL GAMES :yell: OK I feel better now. The guy has had what, 5 mini camp practices and people are discarding him as average or a bust. Holy Crap people give it some time.
I think coming in for the heart and soul of you team and going 4-1 down the stretch shows pretty good poise. Maybe the Feeley experiment will be a faliure, but we certainly aren't going to know the answer in May. So people, and you know who you are, stop acting like you know how good or how bad Feeley will be.
OK I am done now :cool:

The thing that cuts against the argument you're making is that a big criticism of the move to get Feeley is that RS only had something like 5 pro and 8 college games to evaluate in bringing him in. Why should the Feeley basher trust that it's enough to make AJ a solid choice? My answer is that I'm going to give RS that much trust, but I can respect not giving it to him because you want to earn it. Even then, I think the most that can be said is that it is a big risk but that the jury is still out on it.

Feeley might also be injury prone like Fiedler but thats just my guess because he played so little in college

Jimmy James said:
The thing that cuts against the argument you're making is that a big criticism of the move to get Feeley is that RS only had something like 5 pro and 8 college games to evaluate in bringing him in. Why should the Feeley basher trust that it's enough to make AJ a solid choice? My answer is that I'm going to give RS that much trust, but I can respect not giving it to him because you want to earn it. Even then, I think the most that can be said is that it is a big risk but that the jury is still out on it.
I am not saying he is the next Marino or whatever. But that's my point. It is impossilbe to know what he is because he has played so few games. I just find it funny how so many people here seem to know exactly what we are getting with Feeley. Like you said JJ, the truth of the matter is he has only played 13 pro and college games COMBINED. So all I am saiyng is let's not give him the keys to either the penthouse or the outhouse just yet.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Fiedler has played FOUR years with Miami. He has shown he is not capable of taking this team into the playoffs with Ricky taking ALL of the attention away from him.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also took the team to the playoffs twice before we got Ricky. Maybe Ricky is the problem?

FinfanInBuffalo said:

He also took the team to the playoffs twice before we got Ricky. Maybe Ricky is the problem?[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you say this jest, No? :eek:

pigskinguy said:
FinfanInBuffalo said:

He also took the team to the playoffs twice before we got Ricky. Maybe Ricky is the problem?[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you say this jest, No? :eek:

Makes about as much sense as people putting all of the blame on Jay, especially when he gets blamed for 4 losses WHEN HE WAS OUT OF THE LINEUP.

I just can't stand it when people make dumbass comments like Jay has proven he can't take the Fins to the playoffs. DUMBASS COMMENTS.

And yes I was just joking, but people are so blinded about Fiedler that you have to make comments about other players so they (hopefully) see the point.

Well, there is something to it -- the cold, hard facts. Maybe Lamar was better at staying in to block, so JF didn't get hurt as early on or as badly.

I think it has to be a freak coincidence, but just because there is corelation doesn't mean there isn't also causation.

Of course JF is not the only reason we did not make the p/o's the last few years, but I ask you this...would Mark Bulger (as an example of a better QB, but not a Brett Favre) have taken this team into the p/o's last year ?? I think the answer is yes...my point is the QB is the one position on the field that once in a while has to take the team on his shoulders. JF has proven he can't be that kind of QB. He is streaky. He'll play good for a couple of plays or even a game an then lose it, make a poor decision, throw an interception, get hurt, etc. We have seen him do this for 4 years.

To compare our QBs, Sage has the best arm, but struggles reading defenses and general game management. He is not very mobile. JF is the more agile of the three, but has a weak arm for the deep outs and is not very accurate. However, he does, for some unknown reason, throw fairly well when moving out of the pocket. AJ is more of pure drop back passer, has good pocket presence, has decent arm strength and good game managment techniques. He also has a commanding presence on the field. His teammates look to him to lead them. This was echoed during the 2002 season by several players, in particular a comment made by T. Vincent that "AJ is our QB until DM gets back and he's earned that." (I am not really paraphrasing, but may have the wording off a little, I read it in the P. Enquirer in 2002, but I can't find it on the web...)

RS did his QB comparison, taking stats from guys like J. Delhomme, M. Hasselback, C. Pennington, Brett Favre, and several other qbs and comparing them to the same stats of AJ, Ramsey, and probably several other backup QBs that may have been available to us. Since he used the stats of these guys prior to them getting starting positions, it should be a valid comparison. AJ showed the same traits as these other guys that have been successful when given their opportunity to start. Brett Favre didn't have any starts in Hotlanta before he got move to GB. Delhomme had 2 or 3 starts prior to going to Carolina...Hasselback, if I remember had about 7 or 8 starts before he moved up...I know I like to look at things with aqua-colored glasses, but the FO has done their homework and when he gets familiar with the offense and his teammates, and we get into late August, we'll see how it's going then...Also remember that JF was mediocre in the mini camps and didn't play much in the preseason, but got the job over Huard. As much as I feel that JF can't take us to the next level, he was and is better than Huard....DW made that call right...

i didnt say aj feeley was bad pigskinguy, no need to blow up on me. dont know too much but from the one game i saw i thought they were average for a starting(notice aj was a 3rd stringer) qb. im not real high on feidler but imnot against him and i think he plays well its just in some games other parts of our team will collapse and he cant carry the whole team. id just have to say feidler for fight now

jay never went to the playoffs with RW and everyone who thinks he's going to change after 4yrs you must be brainwashed by wanny not saying AJ is the answer but jay is very average at best at worst see the game we played last at new england

Back
Top Bottom