Quarter Season Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarter Season Mock Draft

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
One thing seems pretty clear at the quarter mark of the season. Miami has lots of needs including linebacker, secondary, a young defensive end (or two), guard, running back and tight end. Did I miss anything?

Some might include quarterback, but I think Ryan Tannehill is the least of the problems. That said, the remainder of the season might dictate a change there as well.

On the bright side, Miami has played three games away against teams that figure to go pretty deep in the playoffs so a slight turnaround could happen.

But for now....here's my first stab at the draft with a projected top 10 pick. I'm looking BPA because of so many needs.

1. Jabrill Peppers OLB/S -- Michigan Jim Harbaugh calls Peppers the Willie Mays of College Football because he does so many things well. Peppers has transitioned to linebacker this season, but figures to be used in a hybrid role in the NFL. In essence, he kind of solves two problem areas for Miami and could fit BPA as well.

2. Jarrad Davis OLB Florida An explosive athlete, Davis may end up toward the end of round 1 so maybe he could slip to near top of round 2. Miami needs so much help at linebacker and Davis would be an immediate upgrade.

3. Taco Charlton DE Michigan Miami goes back to Michigan for a defensive end with size (6-5, 285) and lots of upside.

3. Jalen Hurd RB Tennessee Dolphins trade up (why not) to get a big, bruising back. Hurd goes 6-3 and about 240. He could be a nice rotational guy with Kenyon Drake. Projecting a 4th and 5th to get up.

6. Greg Pyke OG Georgia The kind of physical guard Miami needs to match up with the talented defensive tackles in the AFC East.

7. Kendell Beckwith ILB LSU He's projected by some draft sites as a 3rd or 4th rounder, but I think he drops due to being a two down backer. That said, he could be a nice player for Miami on run downs.

Back
Top Bottom