Quarterback is our main objective in draft/We get green we draft a young qb in draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterback is our main objective in draft/We get green we draft a young qb in draft.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
You people might be missing the point of getting Trent Green. We will probably draft Brady Quinn while he is groomed behind Trent Green. At the right time when Green Goes down we will have our Rookie Step up like Ben Rothisberger.

Wasnt Big Ben thrown in there the first year???

Brady will sit for 2 years like a Philips River

Wasnt Big Ben thrown in there the first year???

Brady will sit for 2 years like a Philips River

i think you meant to say "PHILIP RIVERS" i didn't realize he had his own RIVER :sidelol:

Ben got in there because Maddox got injured, that's the only reason. If we got Green and Quinn, a similar thing could happen, though I'd prefer for Quinn to be 3rd string behind Green and Lemon, at least for the first half of the season

While I agree they are most likely looking at bringing in Green not only as a potential short-term solution, but to mentor the next generation QB for the Phins. Will it be Quinn, Stanton, Kolb, Beck, etc., etc. ????? Who knows (except for Cam/Mueller)? But I'm betting they have two possible routes on this. Quinn if XY&Z happens and ???? if it doesn't. Regardless, I'd be shocked if we didn't grab a QB somewhere on day 1.

i'm telling you guys trent green is a big mistake, like wilcox said on nfl network, green is like a candle one blow and he's out, i'm tired of giving up icks for these old players, wow well' have green for a few years or so, green isn't that mobile, he never had big playoff games but he plays perfect in the reg, season, i see there is nothing new with this coach, if marty wasn't employed we would of pick him instead the new coach, he wants green becasue he is fimilar with him, come on

While I agree they are most likely looking at bringing in Green not only as a potential short-term solution, but to mentor the next generation QB for the Phins. Will it be Quinn, Stanton, Kolb, Beck, etc., etc. ????? Who knows (except for Cam/Mueller)? But I'm betting they have two possible routes on this. Quinn if XY&Z happens and ???? if it doesn't. Regardless, I'd be shocked if we didn't grab a QB somewhere on day 1.

I'd be fine with Quinn or Stanton...anyone after that I'm kinda not really interested. At that point, I'd rather fill another need on the team.

Trent Green scares the hell out of me. I think he has the same potential to go down in flames as an unhealthy Daunte Culpepper. Acquiring Green and letting Culpepper go, is 6 of one and a half-dozen of the other. Both qbs have the potential of putting up eye-popping statistics and taking their teams to the playoffs. But the key is IF they're healthy. Trent Green's oft concussed cranium is no less likely to have us phinphans crying in our beer than Daunte's shredded knee. I don't know what the hell we should do as an intermediate fix to our quarterback situation, but I think TG would end up being an enormous mistake.

I have a feeling within the 1st 3 picks, Miami will have a Rookie QB, I don't think we will wait till the 3rd round, I do not even think we will wait till our second #2.

Back
Top Bottom