Quarterback rankings: Intangibles make the best leaders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterback rankings: Intangibles make the best leaders

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Many factors go into grading a quarterback, and every scout places different levels of emphasis on different aspects of the game. Scouts also must consider things that can't be measured: Leadership, the quarterback's role within a system and performance under pressure. All this makes for uncertainty and goes a long way toward explaining why it is so hard to find agreement on players at the NFL's marquee position.

[QUOTE]
19. Chad Pennington, Dolphins. We love Pennington. He's smart, deadly accurate, a natural leader and consummate pro and has a better arm than advertised. He made a run at NFL MVP honors last year by bringing the 1-15 Dolphins to the playoffs. With all that said, he has played only a full 16-game schedule three times in nine NFL seasons and it is only a matter of time before heir apparent Chad Henne gets a shot.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=548865

I dont know if I agree with how they ranked everyone but this one hurt to see:

3. Drew Brees, Saints. Last season, Brees became the first QB since Dan Marino in '84 to pass for more than 5,000 yards. Brees also completed 65 percent of his passes and led the NFL in TD passes (34), attempts and completions and was second in yards per attempt (8.0). Here's the best part: He did it with RB Reggie Bush, TE Jeremy Shockey and WR Marques Colston -- his top three weapons -- missing a combined 15 games. They're all healthy now.

While I'm looking forward to seeing Henne play - I really want to know how he'll emerge - I think Pennington should be ranked a good deal higher than that.

Jake Delhomme? Jason Cambell? Joe Flacco?

Seriously?

Many factors go into grading a quarterback, and every scout places different levels of emphasis on different aspects of the game. Scouts also must consider things that can't be measured: Leadership, the quarterback's role within a system and performance under pressure. All this makes for uncertainty and goes a long way toward explaining why it is so hard to find agreement on players at the NFL's marquee position.

WAIT... WAIT... WAIT!!! You mean to tell me that there are OTHER factors that go into the position of QB than just a 'Big Arm'???? INFIDEL!!!! :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom