Question about Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about Boston

GMP-AGAIN

Starter
Reaction score
We keep reading about how large Boston is, how well-built and of course, we've all seen the pictures. From someone who has been to the mini-camps...did he look as good as a receiver as they said he did? I'm so hoping he will work out with the Fins...get his mind right and be the success I think he can be. The guy had the talent in college, no doubt about it. How do most of you feel? Will he give the Fins the receiver they need, regardless of who the QB is? Will he make that big, big difference and with him catching and RW running, will this offense be more aggressive? (Just some wandering questions going through my mind as I catch up on some reading from the Miami area papers)

we dont need boston to have a 1200 yard receiving season although it wouldnt hurt. if he plays the way he did in san diego we have sooo much of a better offense. the addition of boston will spread out the field and keep opposing defenses from stacking the box against ricky. that is if the qb and the o-line can get the receivers the ball. it should be a fun year to watch and while people critiscize the phins offseason we have acquired howard, james, boston, and edwards. not bad to me. feeley would be in there if he was as proven as those guys. boston i think is a steal for a very high chance. lets see we gave up a 6th rounder, not too much lost there, and jamar fletcher... i wont talk about him. if he ends up with the season he had in san diego, great, if he gets to 1000 yards, even better. he seems like hes losing weight and all im worried about is how well he will fit in to his new environment and keep out of trouble.

My opinion on the whole thing is pretty simple, and you can sum it up with one question: Would you want to be the DC leaving David Boston in single coverage?

I think he'll get respect on his name alone for the first three or four games. After that, he'll need to have shown some skill to be considered a threat. Still, I don't see how he could be left in single coverage nearly as much as Thompson.

Back
Top Bottom