Question about cap implications of the $8.6M Williams owes the team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about cap implications of the $8.6M Williams owes the team

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Pardon me if this has been posted before. In another thread, we talked about the possibility that the Dolphins have a deal with Ricky Williams to forgive the $8.6 million he owes the team if he shows up, plays hard, sets a good example and stuff.

If the Phins were to forgive that $8.6 million, how would that affect the cap? It is, effectively, a payment of compensation, since Williams' balance sheet would be $8.6 million better off than it otherwise would.

They cracked down on Dick Vermeil giving his players expensive bottles of wine as a reward for good work a few years ago, so I can't imagine the NFL would turn a blind eye to a deal like this, even though it's clearly a one-of-a-kind situation.

Merman? Clumpy? Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

Quite honestly, I do not believe there are any cap ramifications. The entire $8.6 million has been accounted for on both the Saints' and Fins caps prior to the award. Also, I've not heard or read anything that said the Fins were given any cap relief.

Maybe Merman has more on this

Clumpy said:
Quite honestly, I do not believe there are any cap ramifications. The entire $8.6 million has been accounted for on both the Saints' and Fins caps prior to the award. Also, I've not heard or read anything that said the Fins were given any cap relief.

Maybe Merman has more on this

This is correct. UPDATE THE CAP PAGE!

Back
Top Bottom