Question about cap implications of the $8.6M Williams owes the team

Discussion in 'Salary Cap Forum' started by phunwin, Aug 25, 2005.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. phunwin

phunwin The name's Bond...James Bond.

Pardon me if this has been posted before. In another thread, we talked about the possibility that the Dolphins have a deal with Ricky Williams to forgive the $8.6 million he owes the team if he shows up, plays hard, sets a good example and stuff.

If the Phins were to forgive that $8.6 million, how would that affect the cap? It is, effectively, a payment of compensation, since Williams' balance sheet would be $8.6 million better off than it otherwise would.

They cracked down on **** Vermeil giving his players expensive bottles of wine as a reward for good work a few years ago, so I can't imagine the NFL would turn a blind eye to a deal like this, even though it's clearly a one-of-a-kind situation.

Merman? Clumpy? Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

2. BuffBillsMan90

BuffBillsMan90 is Clumpalicious!!

Quite honestly, I do not believe there are any cap ramifications. The entire $8.6 million has been accounted for on both the Saints' and Fins caps prior to the award. Also, I've not heard or read anything that said the Fins were given any cap relief.

Maybe Merman has more on this

3. Philter25

Philter25 MORE COWBELL!!!

This is correct. UPDATE THE CAP PAGE!

4. BuffBillsMan90

BuffBillsMan90 is Clumpalicious!!

In the works......after the 8/30 cuts :foundout:

5. cstu

cstu New Member

Update?