Question about the whole Martin thing...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about the whole Martin thing...?

doughbraz54

Club Member
Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere and have not found anything about Jonathan Martin and a possible settlement. Is it possible that we have yet to give him a settlement because he may have a return? I know some of the players were talking about welcoming him back and maybe it could happen. I mean he still has a few years left on his contract so maybe he returns so we don't have to face a cap hit since he was a second round pick. WHo knows maybe he does return to a welcoming locker room.

Im still not so sure Martin didnt orchestrate this whole thing to try and get money for nothing.

It will resurface after the season. He will want a settlement. Can't see him in Miami but they have to be careful of wrongful dismissal issues, so you won't see him released or anything either.

I don't think he orchestrated it WV, I think the guy legitimately does have a mental illness, was depressed, and cracked under the pressure. But between the timing of the whole thing and the way he's handled it? I do think that when he reached that breaking point, there were decisions made by he or his to do it in a way that would protect as much of his financial interest as possible.

I have been looking everywhere and have not found anything about Jonathan Martin and a possible settlement. Is it possible that we have yet to give him a settlement because he may have a return? I know some of the players were talking about welcoming him back and maybe it could happen. I mean he still has a few years left on his contract so maybe he returns so we don't have to face a cap hit since he was a second round pick. WHo knows maybe he does return to a welcoming locker room.

I heard a rumor that Miami initially wanted to fight Martin on this whole thing and was going to NFI him without pay. However, the team apparently decided that the best way to handle this would be to try to bury it. My guess is that even if some ugly stuff comes out on Martin or if it turns out that this really was overblown bull****, the team still won't try to go after him. IMO, they are just going to quietly pay him his 2013 salary, trade or cut him, and say nice things. Better for business.

I heard he was working as a bouncer at a local club, but got fired because everyone got by him!

Any chance we could trade Martin to San Fran?

He sucks. Just sucks. We were giving up 4.4 sacks per game with him in the lineup and we're giving up 2.5 per game with him out of the lineup.

Why would anyone trade for him? He will be cut, IMO.

He sucks. Just sucks. We were giving up 4.4 sacks per game with him in the lineup and we're giving up 2.5 per game with him out of the lineup.

Why would anyone trade for him? He will be cut, IMO.

Actually those numbers went down when Pouncey went out look for them to be on the rise now. As far as Martin goes Harbaugh likes him so he might trade for him. Martin is young and gay a perfect San Fransico treat!

:lol:

Come on Ryan, Pouncey only missed one game. And you know damn well that I'm #1 on the move Pouncey to guard bandwagon. I think I might have started it.

As long as that guard spot is in Pittsburg!

I really do hope that my crackpot theory of trying to trade for Maurkice due to the Steelers cap issues and his impending free agency comes to fruition if for no reason other than reading your posts on the matter.

No chance in hell, and I will laugh my ass off at any team that bring this cancer into their lockerroom

Back
Top Bottom